Youth Activities Counselor - Full TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 1100040BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted May 22, 2023
- Acts as a fully trained team member supporting and assisting all programming in Aunty’s House including facilitating and supporting all activities for children of all ages.
- Highly skilled in Interacting and engaging children (5-12) years of age.
- Be available, friendly and Guest-Service oriented at all times
- Adhere to all rules and regulations governing operations
- Organize and oversee safe enjoyable programs and activities for all ages.
- Provide registration/check-in/check-out and secured programming in Youth Activities spaces at Disney’s Aulani Resort.
- Keep Youth Activities spaces clean, safe and tidy during operating hours.
- Clean and sanitize Youth Activities spaces, toys and equipment before, during and after operating hours.
- Adhere to all food safety and sanitation guidelines for meals within the Youth spaces.
- Act as mentor for new Cast Members.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum 9 months recent work experience working with children in a recreational, day care, or camp setting
- Must be able to command the attention of large groups of children
- Schooling in recreation, education, or related field of study
- Strong verbal communication skills able to positively engage with guests, particularly with children and their parents.
- Must be willing to do repetitive work, prepping and planning of activities/crafts and be highly engaged in supervision of all children.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and have a positive attitude with all Resort Guests
- Must be culturally aware, friendly, outgoing and able to motivate all ages and demographics
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a licensed child care facility preferred
- Experience working with special needs children a plus
- Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Certified Childhood Professional and/or Childhood Development Associate
- Bilingual or multilingual abilities a plus.
- Knowledge of Hawaiian/Japanese language
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILITY
Full-Time requires full availability for any shift.
Keyword: AULANI CASTING AULANICASTING
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.