Already applied?View Dashboard
QA Lead (PH)Apply Now Job ID 426526BR Location Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Job Posting Company Disney Consumer Products, Disney Interactive Job Posting Area Disney Interactive Games Date posted 03/02/2017
In addition to providing testing and test plan creation and reviews the Senior Quality Assurance Lead will be establishing direction for the QA team for the upcoming sprints. Sr. QA Lead will represent QA Department in production meetings. Sr. QA Lead will be responsible for creating risk and mitigation plans for the QA department and coordinating QA teams. This position requires a good understanding of software development lifecycle. The candidate should also have a broad knowledge of testing techniques within online &/or Flash games, strong written communication and organizational skills. It will be the responsibility of this candidate to communicate testing status and progress to key stakeholders and ensure a safe, consistent and positive experience for the kids online.
ResponsibilitiesShare expertise in QA workflow with peers and team members to ensure a department quality standard across products
- Regular bug entry, regression and issue maintenance
- Can navigate and interpret debug information and report detailed errors
- Coach testers using test and debug tools
- Create and maintaining test strategies, plans and schedules
- Provide feedback and tips for test plan creation
- Create and provide regular reports to all Stakeholders
- Highlight risks and solutions to support or improve emerging trends
- Provide QA signoff as quality benchmarks are met
- Representing QA on project debriefs and project planning sessions and risk mitigation plans
- Competent in driving team metrics and recognizing opportunities for individual feedback
- Identify and engage internal or/and external resources as required
- Instructions are coordinated promptly and effectively
- Requirements are communicated back to Stakeholders
- Run overtime shifts and launch night support
- Train QA Resources to meet performance standards
- Help set QA performance standards and provide feedback on output
- Help create and drive QA metrics
- Identify and act upon opportunities to improve best practices and process
- 4+ years in a QA testing environment
- Formal training and/or experience with QA tools, processes and methodologies a must.
- Experience with localization testing strategies an asset
- 1+ years leading & overseeing day-to-day tasks of a team
- An excellent understanding of the English language.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Strong understanding of Website development and registration a plus.
- Solid leadership skills
- Experience in working within short deadlines, ability to work under pressure.
- Subjective, unbiased, impartial.
- Patience to perform detailed and repetitive testing.
- Software/Programs and Technical skills: Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel), Major web browsers, web based testing tools (Charles and Firebug) and basic PC/Mac skills
- Post-Secondary Certificate or Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Completion of SQE Software Testing Certification recommended.
DCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.