Choose a Language
Team Leader, Guest Experience
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Job Posting Company
Job Posting Area
Disney Interactive Games
This position operates within the Guest Experience Department of Disney Interactive. This department is the studio’s front line when it comes to communicating and connecting with kids and families. Every day, we work diligently to keep DI’s online communities safe and supported, as well as engage and interact with these communities.The Team Leader’s number one priority is to support, coach and develop a team of Support Representatives that focus on providing the most positive experience for our community of online players and their families. The Team Leader manages the workflow of the entire team across all products.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Team Leader you are expected to lead your team towards a consistent standard of world-class support both in quality and quantity. With consistent goal setting and coaching,
Any Employee Relation actions will be rolled out professionally and promptly with the assistance of HR.Be the authority on all Disney Interactive related topics:
- Daily pocket team performance checks.
- Delegate tasks to pocket team members
- Report to Associate Manager weekly on department efficiencies and personnel.
- Discussing and resolving problems with peers and communicating blockers to Associate Managers.
- Manage, coach and develop pocket teams.
- Conduct bi- weekly performance reviews with members of pocket team.
- Complete objectives based on clearly communicated deadlines
- Work collaboratively with other Team Leads to ensure consistency across community support pocket teams.
- To schedule 1on1s with the Support Representatives bi-weekly
Develop strong working relationships with Production and Guest Experience teams.
- Be an expert on all internal tools sets.
- Understand the history of our products.
- Understand philosophies that drive the work we do.
- Know the Vision, Values and Obsessions in order to help the team understand and live up to the high standards our company has set.
- Communicate company values and practices.
- Model company values and practices.
- Work with the Guest Experience Training Lead to train all new Representatives. Follow up on training and ensure quality work.
- Be an advocate for your respective teams and pocket teams.
- Ensure an unimpeded flow of information within the department. Effectively communicate product updates to all relevant teams and offices.
- Demonstrate a passion for supporting all guests who interact with our products.
- Complete timecard checks and updates for Pocket team.
- Individual contribution determined with Associate Manager and/or Senior Manager, Guest Experience.
- Work collaboratively with other Guest Experience Team Leaders to ensure consistency across community support pocket teams.
- Collect and pass on pertinent information and issues that impact our players. Escalate issues as needed.
- Handle phone calls that need to be passed to a supervisor.
- Passionate about excellent customer Support
- Strong leadership skills
- Support oriented attitude
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to build trusted relationships with coworkers
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Problem solver
- Strong time management skills
- Great Decisions making skills
- Take ownership
- Be collaborative
- Lead and act with enthusiasm
- Demand excellence and integrity
- Be bold
Additional InformationDCPI is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company that brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Licensing, Retail, Games and Apps, and Content. The combined segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.