Viewer Experience Advocate - TemporaryApply NowApply Later Job ID 854812BR Location Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 02, 2021
The Viewer Experience (VX) team is part of Disney Media Entertainment and Distribution, a business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company's content, stories and characters to fans and viewers around the globe. The VX team is responsible for the support experience for iconic brands such as Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, ABC and more.
As a brand ambassador, the Viewer Experience Advocate provides exceptional experiences to viewers, turning each support interaction into a meaningful connection. Support includes resolving issues, assisting with technical troubleshooting, managing accounts and subscription changes. An Advocate understands our viewer’s frictions points and is key to making the experiences more magical.
This position is a temporary role, offering variable prescheduled hours per week on an inconsistent schedule, based on business need. We are open 365 days a year (open holidays) with 24 hour support.
You will be required to have access to a working, reliable internet connection, as well as a separate, quiet dedicated work space for the purpose of performing work duties. This area must be maintained in a safe condition, free from all hazards. The position requires Advocates to work/stay in one place for the duration of a shift, except for scheduled breaks.
This position will report to the head office location of Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada and is open to applicants in the following Canadian provinces only: British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Northwest territories.
For in-house applicants local to head office, this position can be located within a Disney office and employees must report to the head office location for shifts unless otherwise instructed.
Responsibilities:Viewer Experience Advocates handle support contacts from viewers through various channels such as phone/live chat and social media. More detailed responsibilities include:
- Bring stories to life through scripted and non-scripted interactions with fans and viewers
- Connect with fans and viewers by asking open-ended questions to assess their needs, make appropriate recommendations, and provide assistance and accurate information to resolve their issues
- Provide accurate information and efficient trouble-shooting techniques, especially in technical areas such as software functionality or networking that could affect a streaming viewing experience
- Document contacts to ensure VX can champion change and reduce friction points
- Escalate issues and/or opportunities as directed
- Contribute to a high energy, storytelling environment providing viewers with an entertaining, fun and dynamic experience
- Consistently treat all fans, viewers and fellow employees with respect and contribute to a positive work environment
- Take a proactive role in maintaining Disney brand standards
- Uphold all company policies as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Policy Manual and Standards of Business Conduct
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Previous work experience in a customer service capacity
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must have the ability to use proper punctuation, grammar and spelling in all written communications.
- Excellent typing, phone and computer navigation skills
- Knowledge of multiple web browsers, email and messaging platforms
- Familiarity with digital streaming services, devices and mobile applications
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate
- Have a positive, can-do attitude. You’re flexible and have no problem quickly switching gears or multi-tasking to better accommodate the needs of our viewers or our team
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills to ensure productivity in alignment with department standards, you thrive in a quick-paced environment
- Value accountability across the board and take ownership of issues from start to finish
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends, evenings and holidays
- Fluency in English
- Previous call center experience
- Basic internet connection troubleshooting (router, modem, WiFi, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office or G-Suite tools and a ticketing or customer service platform (Salesforce, Zendesk, ServiceNow, etc)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass a background check
Additional Information:Our Company proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Canada Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.