Resource Planner, Critical Facilities
Kings Mountain, North Carolina, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 886580BR Location Kings Mountain, North Carolina, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 20, 2021
Job Summary:Resource Planner, Critical Facilities
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
The Critical Facilities organization provides physically secure, environmentally stable, high availability hosting services. In conjunction with the rest of End User and Technical Operations the organization delivers managed facility, server, storage, authentication, and DNS services to Enterprise Technology clients. The Critical Facilities team plays a dual role, managing the data center facility and its assets and providing break/fix support as directed by the Platform and or Network Operations team.
The Critical Facilities Resource Planner is the on-staff subject matter expert for all Facilities Operations and Service Delivery (FOSD) services (equipment installs, moves, decommissions and changes). This role is the primary client interface for FOSD services within all Critical Facilities supported locations. The Resource Planner receives, analyzes and allocates data center resources in response to a client requests for hosting service. Data center resources include cabinet space, power, cooling, network connectivity and SAN connectivity. Once allocation is complete and the client hardware has been received the Resource Planner will then schedule the installation of client technology per the specifications determined during the allocation process. The Resource Planner will interact and provide guidance to the FOSD service provider, a contracted third party firm, to fulfill client service requests.
Responsibilities:The Critical Facilities Resource Planner will be the primary client interface for FOSD managed services. The Resource planner will work with the rest of the Critical Facilities staff and work on independent projects as assigned. The successful candidate will:
- Provide support to the Enterprise Technology Customer Base and to Enterprise Technology team members.
- Provide infrastructure (cabinet, copper cabling, fiber cabling, power, cooling, etc.) resource planning for equipment installs, moves, decommissions and changes.
- Analyze & process client service requests allocating resources to satisfy client requests (space, power, cooling, network and SAN connectivity) and will provide direction to and operational oversight of the execution of the Facilities Operations and Service Delivery (FOSD) services provided by a third party provider.
- Manage assigned workflow tasks in order to provide timely turnaround to customers, timely resolution and/or escalation of customer issues.
- Maintain a level of professionalism while engaging with customers.
- Troubleshoot, document and process technical issues using the Enterprise Techology ticketing system.
- Interface with other team members in the Enterprise Technology organization to support deployments, technology evaluations, or other efforts requiring facility involvement.
- Review, process and oversee all aspects of our e-Waste, logistics and media destruction services.
- Oversee third party physical security team services.
- Process, manage and audit physical access requests and process.
- Oversee third party janitorial team services.
- Oversee and facilitate material ordering.
- Oversee infrastructure expansion and replacement projects and initiatives.
- Follow Enterprise Technology support processes and procedures.
- Assist in Facility operations.
- Perform financial management for services; contracts, purchase orders, invoicing, forecasting, accruals, etc.
- Complete services and tool audits.
- Provide Critical Facilities tracking and reporting (operational, financial, capacity, forecasting, etc.).
- Follow Enterprise Technology and Critical Facilities policies, processes and procedures.
- Participate in training programs.
- Work on tasks assigned by DC Manager or Lead.
- Assist and/or complete logical installations of Enterprise Technology services.
- Update / author all relevant and required documentation
- 5+ years mission critical facility planning support (preferably at a data center)
- Basic knowledge of network OSI layer 1, connectivity cabling infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of data center power and cooling
- 8+ years mission critical facility planning support (preferably at a data center); journeyman knowledge / practical experience in capacity planning of critical facility infrastructure
- ITIL Practitioner or Master
- iTRACS Application Experience
- ServiceNow Application Experience
- iTRACS Application Training
- ServiceNow Application Training
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or Business Administration
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.