Assistant Manager, Wholesale and Retail DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 884642BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 01, 2021
The Assistant Manager, Wholesale and Retail Development will be part of our Flexible Business Model (FBM) team, which includes wholesale and all commercial business models outside of third-party licensing and vertical owned/operated. You will help create a balance of products that will evolve and extend The Walt Disney Company brand and make it a partner of choice.
You will identify and develop flexible business models on a global basis, reporting to the Manager, Flexible Business Models Strategy.
- Analyze product opportunities to determine appropriate model(s) for identified growth channels (e.g. 3rd party sales on Amazon, shop-in-shops, etc.)
- Partner with regional counterparts to understand and analyze international markets
- Assess strategic value and financial opportunity of models and identify key requirements to execute
- Manage development of implementation plan of all new business model initiatives with key stakeholders (e.g. Integrated Retail, Product Development, Sourcing, Licensing, Creative, Finance, etc.)
- Develop go-to-market approach and deploy new business model initiatives
- Drive end-to-end detailed execution in launching new initiatives, documenting process flow lines, requirements, learnings to build for scale
- 5-8 years' experience in consumer packaged goods Wholesale, Product Management, Business Development, Licensing, Buying, Merchandising
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in developing and executing against various business models (licensing, wholesale, vertical, etc.)
- Additional experience with supply chain, logistics, product development, merchandising, sourcing preferred
- Strong cross-functional capabilities
- Must be results oriented, highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to successfully lead multiple projects within a matrixed organization
- Global experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.