Assistant Sourcing Compliance ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 981982BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Assistant Sourcing Compliance Manager will be responsible for managing the compliance requirements for the Flexible Business Model (FBM) team including social, environmental and other compliance areas as needed. This position will review third-party documents and guidelines for new FBM programs and advise of any concerns or conflicts with Disney compliance policies and procedures and will also coordinate with partners and other GSCO team members when their input is needed. The position will continuously review processes to create efficiencies and make adjustments as needed due to business changes and communicate with leadership within the department as well as other business partners to ensure efficient resolution of issues.
- Review and provide feedback on third-party policy and procedure documents and guidelines
- Communicate Disney and third-party compliance requirements to stakeholders and suppliers
- Drive operational efficiencies with various teams (sourcing, compliance, trade, legal etc.)
- Obtain and submit required compliance documents (ILS audit, HIGG, etc.) by due date
- Respond to compliance queries from suppliers and stakeholders
- Manage and execute data entry tasks to ensure compliance systems and tools reflect accurate data
- Continuously make process improvement and recommendations to create efficiencies
- Manage/assist with a variety of concurrent projects and tasks as needed
- Represent GSCO team on FBM task forces
- Analyzes problems effectively and take action to resolve
- Lead team members through all aspects of supplier compliance
- Knowledge and experience in social compliance and SAC/HIGG/Environmental compliance
- Experience in oversight and management of supplier/facility compliance programs
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple cross-functional partners (including executive levels)
- Ability to multitask in a challenging, fast-paced, results and detail-oriented environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills able to communicate instructions and complex information clearly
- Moderate skills in database management, Office 365 suite of tools, Smartsheet, SharePoint, Power Apps, DocuSign
- Experience in social compliance or corporate social responsibility
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.