Assoc Graphic Design MgrApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 7108434120211114 Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 13, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Associate Graphic Design Manager is responsible for creating Graphic Designs from concept to final artwork for the Merch-on-Demand business for Amazon, Shop Disney and Parks. Handles projects at all levels of complexity. Works under general supervision. Meets monthly deadlines under pressure while maintaining high quality standards. Will be responsible for creative deliverables against Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and 20th Century brands.
- Development of Graphic Designs across multiple properties and Brands for the Merch-on-Demand business model for Amazon, Shop Disney & Parks.
- Ideas generation for Franchise expansion within the MOD business model.
- Art style/new technique development to co-ordinate with trends in the market place
- Contribute new product ideas and participate in brainstorming sessions
- Coordinates with MOD partners (Amazon, Shop Disney, Parks), internal teams, and content partners on new monthly development
- Able to flex and design for multiple brands (Disney, Pixar, Lucas, 20th Century)
- Responsible for maintaining high Graphic Design standards for the MOD business
- Develop a strong Graphic Design community across GPC
- Understands Graphic Design and how it translates to products
- Fresh and inventive creative thinker
- Awareness of fashion and consumer trends
- Strong team player
Basic Qualifications :
- 2-5 years of related work experience in graphic design, illustration, character art or merchandise design
- Strong knowledge of Graphic Design & Branding
- Strong knowledge and understanding of fashion and merchandise design
- Strong traditional and digital drawing skills, and concepting skills
- Strong expertise in both design and illustration skills.
- Ability to draw and stylize characters
- Hand lettering/custom typography
- Strong color sense and design layout/composition abilities
- Pro-active / Can-do attitude
- Able to work on multiple projects in fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills
- Resourceful and proactive
- Strong creative computer skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Creative Suite, Keynote)
Required Education :
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Art and Design
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Dev & Creative, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Dev & Creative is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.