Associate Editor - Disney Publishing WorldwideApply NowApply Later Job ID 972457BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted May 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The position involves working closely with members of Lucasfilm Publishing and Disney Publishing Worldwide including editorial, global licensing, and creative operations teams, alongside licensees, to closely review and ensure high quality, age-appropriate comic books and graphic novels designed for fans of Star Wars and the films of Twentieth Century Fox.
The Associate Editor will report to the Senior Editor of Lucasfilm Publishing, a part of Disney Publishing Worldwide.
This position will be based in Orlando, FL
- Assist senior editorial staff in developing and publishing all comic book and original graphic novel content, performing editorial work—including manuscript reviews, line edits, editorial letters—gathering reference, corresponding with other partners and lines of business, etc.
- Oversees the pick-up of global and vertical assets by licensees.
- Assisting senior editorial staff on communications with authors, agents, Disney Lucasfilm Press, Lucasfilm, Marvel Entertainment, Marvel Studios, Twentieth Century Fox, and Disney Publishing.
- Perform departmental administrative work, including maintaining schedules and data records, requesting contracts, and assisting with presentations.
- Builds and curates solid relationships with authors/filmmakers/studio/licensees/artists/designers to create high-quality Lucasfilm Press and Twentieth Century Fox content.
- Two plus years experience in an editorial role in the publishing industry
- Exceptional reading, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the Star Wars films and television series
- Familiarity with the science fiction, fantasy, horror, and related genres of the 20th Century Fox library of films and television series
- Experience with licensing preferred but not essential
- Experience with comic book editing/production
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite programs for print production (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Comfortable with learning and using bespoke online content management systems
Additional Information:Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is one of the world's largest publishing brands, igniting imagination through storytelling in ever-inventive ways. As part of the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment, DPW and its affiliates through its publishing business bring the magic of The Walt Disney Company’s powerful brands and franchises, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, ESPN, 20th Century Studios, and National Geographic, to fans everywhere. DPW, through its vertical publishing operations and global licensing structure, creates and publishes best-selling books, comics, magazines, learning and digital interactive storytelling products, audio books, eBooks, and apps. DPW publications and storytelling products are available in more than 70 countries in 45 languages.
This job is located in Orlando, FL.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
Disney Publishing Worldwide helps bring our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.