Associate Editor - Disney PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 869124BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
- Brainstorm new stories, series, concepts, themes, and formats as needed
- Hire writers and contribute to building up high-quality writer pool
- Edit books that target a variety of ages including board books, picture books, classic storybook art pools, chapter books, middle grade, YA, and coloring & activity pools
- Manage creation of spot art pools, cover pools, design guidelines, toolkits, and/or editorial guidelines
- Review all global and vertical book titles and covers created for your program or franchise
- Attend filmmaker, studio, or brand meetings for editorial and art reviews as needed
- Attend production meetings and additional team meetings as needed
- Partner with editorial team to brainstorm global publishing plans across licensees and within Disney Publishing Group
- Prepare P&Ls, create ISBNs, write fact sheets and metadata, and attend acquisitions for vertical titles
- Plan for quarterly solicitations
- Work with senior editors, licensing, and global operations to confirm book titles
- Prepare presentations for internal and global meetings
- Review, approve, and/or comment on online publishing planning
- Review, approve, and/or comment on North America titles, covers, and/or marketing/sales information in OPA
- Manage the review of Global titles, covers, and/or marketing/sales information in OPA
- 3 or more years children's publishing experience
- Exceptional skills in editing children's books and understanding of copyediting skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, manage resources across multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, productive, and detail-oriented, with exceptional organizational skills
- Take overall responsibility for concept, content, and author and illustrator relationships including seeing new titles through all stages of editing, managing schedules, collaborating with design and production
- Knowledge of publishing process and formats
- Familiarity with TWDC brands and licensed publishing a plus
- Bachelor's degree
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
Disney Publishing Worldwide helps bring our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.