Associate Graphic Design ManagerApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10003737 Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
• An employee at this level is an experienced professional with solid foundational skill/knowledge in a given functional field
DEPARTMENT: Creative Design
The Associate Design Manager of Graphic Design & Branding is responsible for producing Graphic Design & Branding from concept to final artwork. Handles projects at all levels of complexity. Works under general supervision. Meets deadlines under pressure while maintaining high quality standards.
- Development of Graphic Design Branding for style guides and portfolios across multiple properties and cross divisions
- Ideas generation for Franchise expansion
- Art style/new technique development to co-ordinate with trends in the market place
- Attendance at key shows/exhibitions to keep abreast of trends and product development techniques in the market place
- Contribute new product ideas and participate in brainstorming sessions
- Responsible for maintaining high Graphic Design & Branding standards for the region
- Develop a strong Graphic Design & Branding across GPC
- Understands Graphic Design & Branding and how it translates to products
- Fresh and inventive creative thinker
- Awareness of marketplace trends
- Able to present creative concepts on both formal and informal settings
- Strong team player
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Art and Design
- 2-5 years of related work experience in graphic design, character art or merchandise design
- Understands principles of cartooning and cartoon animation
- Exposure to multiple medium (sculpting, painting and drawing)
- Extensive knowledge of Graphic Design & Branding
- Strong traditional and digital drawing skills, and concepting skills
- Pro-active / Can-do attitude
- Strong creative computer skills
All Artists and Graphic Designers on the team. VP and Director of Graphic Design & Branding, VP and Director of Art and Story, executive level leaders at Pixar, Disney, Marvel, Lucas, Burton, Muppets and Channel, WDI, Entertainment, Food and Beverage, Yellow Shoes and Product Design.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Dev & Creative, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Dev & Creative is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.