Associate Product Design Manager - Consumer Product AccessoriesApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 7121046520220511 Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 03, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Responsible for product design from start to finish in Accessories, Handbags, and Footwear under general supervision from management. Builds strong peer and team relationships to ensure the highest quality, consumer-focused, trend-right product lines across all channels of distribution (licensing, flex business models, vertical and wholesale) that build brand equity and meet financial targets.
This role reports to the Senior Manager, Product Design and supports the Mickey and Classic Character Franchise with a focus on Accessories, Handbags, Footwear, and Headwear categories.
- Concept, design, sketch silhouette, create a prototype (including managing art-to-product, 3D modeling, sample creation, fit sessions, and electronic breadboards, where applicable), deliver and present trend-right consumer centric product lines that feature market-leading fashion design and great price/value for each tier of the value pyramid
- Execute product and licensed packaging approvals through online systems and collaborative approval meetings, ensuring high quality standards in character execution, in-depth storytelling, color, material, form and function while maximizing profitability
- Develop and design product mock-ups, compile line sheets for line reviews, layout creative presentations, and retail pitch decks
- Collaborate with internal partners (Creative Design, Brand Merchandising, Licensing Commercialization, Sourcing and Tech Design, Global Product Design teams, BERGs, CBM, Legal, Business Affairs, Product Integrity, Integrated Retail, BPM, Public Affairs, D&I teams, Cultural Consultants) and external partners (Studios & Disney Channel Content Providers, Games, Publishing, WDI, Licensees, DTR Partners) to design and approve all products
- Monitor competitors, product innova,tion and market dynamics
- Research and anticipate initial seasonal trends by category
- Multi-task and prioritize multiple design projects within deadline
- 3+ years of related experience
- Solid knowledge in hardlines/softlines categories (raw materials, plastic, textiles, print, pattern, graphic composition, manufacturing)
- Knowledge utilizing styles guides
- Proven negotiating and presentation skills
- Experienced product design skills (e.g. 3D product design, technical design, sketching, creative application and manipulation of art, final mechanical art, fabric and trim identification)
- Demonstrated computer software skills (e.g. MS Office, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (e.g. fashion design) or equivalent work experience
From toys to apparel, books to games, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings our products, through stories and characters, to markets worldwide. With a portfolio of renowned franchises including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, 20CS, National Geographic and Star Wars, our efforts to provide new and experiential products, designed to entertain and inspire, is industry-leading and category shaping.
This position is located in Orlando, FL
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Dev & Creative, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Dev & Creative is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.