Associate Product Design Manager – Lucasfilm & Marvel HardlinesApply NowApply Later Job ID 981608BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 14, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Partner with the brand merchant to create unique, one-of-a-kind Hard Lines merchandise, from concept stage through to final production.
- Work with diverse teams partnering with internal partners (Creative Design, Brand Merchandising, Sourcing, Global Product Design teams, BERGs, CBM, Legal, Business Affairs, Product Integrity, D&I teams and Cultural Consultants,) and external partners (Studios, WDI, Licensees, and more) to design and approve all product.
- Work with internal partners to ensure the execution of our product meets and exceeds our brand standards.
- Design for a diverse audience, from first time visitors to generational-collectors, spanning multiple demographics, with both domestic and global trends and cultures in mind.
- Rapidly create potential solutions and convey initial creative ideas and concepts; use sketches, mockups, and POV boards while always looking for new trends, monitoring competitors, product innovation, market dynamics and pushing the development of our product.
- Actively participate in feedback loops from design partners to partner reviews to 1:1s.
- Prep mechanical files for factory production including all necessary specifications for proper execution.
- Take ownership in presentation development for multiple internal creative reviews, manage and keep archival art files up to date and accurate through development process.
- Communicate with external vendors to set and sustain high design standards for our brands and partners in the management of creative projects from initial concept to final execution.
- Advise external vendors to establish consistency across multiple brands and multiple projects and touchpoints – while ensuring high-quality output is delivered to brief.
- Give feedback to external vendors when they present design concepts and timelines to in-house creative team, while ensuring creative development and delivery are in consideration of brand needs, taking design lead of development providing art direction, character overlays, color accuracy notes to vendors.
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience developing creative and design assets backed by a strong portfolio; demonstrable art direction, concept development and campaign implementation.
- Advanced knowledge in graphic design tools Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator experience.
- Strong layout, composition, design skills
- Intermediate illustration and character design skills
- Knowledge of all of The Walt Disney Company brands
- Pursue excellence with integrity as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, highly-creative, proactive, being trusted to take ownership within a defined area
- Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote and/or PowerPoint, Microsoft Office Suite
- 3D Modeling experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Additional Information:This job is located in Kissimmee, FL.
Our Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes healthcare (medical/ vision / dental) and retirement savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our cast member benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.