Associate Product Design ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 865231BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 04, 2021
- Design, sketch, prototype (including managing art-to-product, 3D modeling, sample creation, and electronic breadboards, where applicable), provide and present trend-right consumer centric products that feature market-leading innovation and great price/value for each tier of the value pyramid
- Implement product and licensed packaging approvals through online systems and collaborative approval meetings, ensuring quality in character execution, in-depth storytelling, color, material, form and function while maximizing profitability, and onboard new partners
- Develop product mock-ups, compile line sheets for line reviews, layout creative presentations, and retail pitch decks
- Work with internal partners (Creative Design, Brand Merchandising, Licensing Commercialization, Sourcing and Tech Design, Global Product Design teams, BERGs, CBM, Legal, Business Affairs, Product Integrity, Integrated Retail, BPM, Public Affairs, D&I teams, Cultural Consultants) and external partners (Studios & Disney Channel Content Providers, Games, Publishing, WDI, Licensees, DTR Partners) to design and approve all products
- Monitor competitors, product development and market dynamics
- Research Initial seasonal trends by category
- Complete multiple design projects within deadline
- 1+ years of related experience
- Solid knowledge in hardlines categories (raw materials, plastic, textiles, print, pattern, graphic composition, manufacturing)
- Product design skills (e.g. 3D product design, technical design, sketching, creative application and manipulation of art, final mechanical art, fabric and trim identification)
- Computer software skills (e.g. Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (e.g. industrial design, toy design, graphic design)
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.