Associate Project ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10024482 Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
WDW Associate Project Manager- Readiness/ CPIR/HA
Associate Project Manager position supporting the Disney Live Entertainment (DLE) Cast Preparation, Incident Response, & Hazard Analysis (CPIR-HA) team (part of the Entertainment Readiness Team), with a focus on Hazard Analyses, located at the Walt Disney World Resort.
The Associate Project Manager serves as a point of contact for the CPIR-HA Program Manager and DLE partners handling a wide variety of tasks simultaneously. Responsibilities include partnering on domestic and international Hazard Analysis projects, from initiation to closing.
- Frequent communication with CPIR-HA Program Manager to provide project updates, status, and analysis of requirements that might impact schedule/milestones
- Communicate with internal and external partners to see all projects through successful timely completion.
- Accountable for coordination of project updates, schedules, and reporting tools to track projects and contribute to cost tracking
- Develop and/or review proposals and estimating assumptions for the project’s schedule.
- Proven self-starter who can take initiative and complete work with minimal direction, and who understands how to build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identifying potential crises, and devising contingency plans as necessary.
- Ability to take notes during meetings and document a summary.
- Entertainment leadership experience
- Technical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to be decisive and confident in driving a meeting to resolution
- Ability to respond to immediate and frequently changing timelines and priorities
- Ability to be highly self-motivated and proactive with a positive approach to the role
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows-based environment
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends & holidays
- Willingness to learn and utilize new software applications as required
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Proven knowledge and understanding of The Walt Disney Company.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Entertainment Productions, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Disney Entertainment Productions is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.