Associate Sourcing Manager (Adult Apparel)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 783835BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 03, 2021
Our team partners with internal and external stakeholders to deliver high quality, innovative product that is safe and responsibly sourced to consumers in all Disney Theme Park retail channels around the world. Global Merchandise Sourcing cultivates a thriving team and key strategic partnerships with best-in-class suppliers to consistently evolve our quality, sustainability, and risk management initiatives; driving productivity and profitability. The team focuses on continuously improving supplier relationships and building global and cross-functional partnerships, while meeting or exceeding financial targets through proactive mitigation of cost drivers.
The Associate Sourcing Manager provides support to the Global Merchandise Sourcing team for Disney Theme Parks & Resorts, assisting with the operational and organizational functions to develop and source merchandise under the strategic guidance of Manager, Sourcing within a given dept. and/or sub-category of product.
- Assist/Manage the merchandise sourcing & production of select product categories for Theme Parks & Resorts retail locations, Disney Stores, and alternative business model opportunities in partnership with the Manager, Sourcing.
- Partner on vendor strategy, product costing/placement, manage vendor communication and production management related to headwear and accessories product categories.
- Responsible for ensuring products meet established standards for safety and quality including monitoring quarterly Product Review Requests (PRRs) with product integrity partners.
- Track progress of production cycle against key milestone dates through daily maintenance of the Development Tracking Report (DTR).
- Manage the workflow for data entry tasks including item setups, price changes, financial roadmaps, and invoicing.
- Communicate production status to global and regional partners during weekly cross-functional meetings as required.
- Ensure all products are shipped on time to support established in-store and online launch dates.
- Provide accurate shipment status information from factory to DC.
- Contact vendors to follow-up and verify the accuracy of provided data, resolve routine issues and ensure vendor alignment with Disney processes and procedures.
- Follow up with vendor communication regarding any outstanding samples (Approval, PP/TOP, etc.)
- Liaise with vendors and ticket/label suppliers to ensure Disney guidelines are followed to avoid late deliveries and charge backs due to non-compliance.
- Prepare standard and ad-hoc reports as requested (Time and Action Calendars, production timelines, status updates, etc.).
- Build strong collaborative relationships with internal and external partners.
- Attend weekly cross-functional meetings and quarterly product line review meetings to understand key sourcing issues and action items.
- Minimum 5 years related experience preferably in specialty retail or consumer products.
- Exposure to merchandise sourcing and production of multiple product categories. Proven track record of effectively communicating with manufacturers.
- Ability to manage multiple SKU’s and timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with central product creative and design as well as global product development partners and regional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability and desire to be flexible, adapt to change and grow with the organization.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.