Associate Sourcing Manager- HeadwearApply NowApply Later Job ID 792514BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 24, 2021
This person possesses the knowledge of successful global sourcing and product development strategies to drive margins and improve efficiencies across all markets and distribution channels (owned & operated retail and wholesale). The Global Merchandise Sourcing team has nearly 100 team members in 6 different countries managing 450+ suppliers providing vertically developed merchandise for Disney stores, shopDisney.com, Parks & Resorts and wholesale partners worldwide.
This position reports to Sourcing Manager, Global Sourcing, and provides support and assistance with operational and organization functions to develop and source merchandise under the strategic guidance of the Sourcing Manager within a given department and/or sub-category of product.
Responsibilities:Sourcing and Product Compliance
- Assist/Manage the merchandise sourcing & production of select product categories for Theme Parks & Resorts retail locations, Disney Stores, and alternative business model opportunities in partnership with the Sourcing Manager
- Partner on vendor strategy, product costing/placement, manage vendor communication and production management related to designated product categories
- Responsible for ensuring products meet established standards for safety and quality including monitoring quarterly Product Review Requests (PRRs) with product integrity partners
- Track progress of production cycle against key milestone dates through daily maintenance of the Development Tracking Report (DTR)
- Contact vendors to follow-up and verify the accuracy of provided data, resolve routine issues and ensure vendor alignment with Disney processes and procedures
- Follow up with vendor communication regarding any outstanding samples (Approval, PP/TOP, etc.)
- Liaise with vendors and ticket/label suppliers to ensure Disney guidelines are followed to avoid late deliveries and charge backs due to non-compliance
- Ensure all products are shipped on time to support established in-store and online launch dates
- Provide accurate shipment status information from factory to DC.
Collaboration and Communication
- Prepare standard any ad-hoc reports as requested (Time and Action Calendars, production timelines, status updates, etc.)
- Build strong collaborative relationships with internal and external partners
- Attend weekly cross-functional meetings and quarterly product line review meetings to understand key sourcing issues and action items
- Communicate production status to global and regional partners during weekly cross-functional meetings as required
- 5+ years related experience.
- Exposure to Sourcing & Production of multiple product categories
- Proven track record of effectively communicating with manufacturers
- Ability to manage multiple SKU’s an timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple design and development partners, a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to be flexible, adapt to change and grow with organization
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising/Product Development/Design, Business or Supply Chain or 1+ years of related experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.