Business Continuity AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 794477BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 07/20/2021
The Business Continuity Analyst position is responsible for supporting the business continuity management program and assisting in the implementation of Business Continuity (BC) plans for the Walt Disney World Resort (WDW). The position assists operating partners in assessing risks, taking steps to protect the assets of the company, and recover from disruptions in a timely manner. By managing the implementation of BC Plans, the position provides leadership and subject matter expertise to WDW resulting in a higher level of organizational resilience and significantly enhancing the effectiveness of operational risk response and recovery.
- Conduct business unit impact analyses through understanding individual business unit day-to-day operations and assisting with determining critical business processes
- Perform risk assessments and establish risk mitigation action plans as necessary
- Oversee and maintaining the development and implementation of BC plans for required business units that include written risk mitigation action plans
- Conduct reviews and update existing business continuity plans
- Perform random audits and testing of BC plans on a scheduled basis to verify effectiveness and adjust as necessary
- Ensure all BC plans align with corporate plans, objectives, and strategies.
- Coordinate efforts and provide regular progress reports to Corporate Risk Management Business Continuity team
- Coordinate Risk Management Business Recovery Plans
- Act as Emergency Response Coordinator for Main gate Office Building
- Responsible for Risk Management Command Center
- Review FM Global Recommendations and work with area contacts to establish plans to correct conditions, eventually removing recommendations from master list
- Assist in business recover response for property damage insurance claims (including freight/cargo, and builders’ risk insurance) by meeting with insurance adjusters/carriers as needed to inspect, substantiate, and negotiate incident recovery
- A minimum of 3 years' experience with business planning or business processes
- Proven analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of management levels
- Strong knowledge of Walt Disney World Resort
- Trusted to handle confidential information
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple efforts
- Practical application knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- A minimum of 3 years WDW Resort experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with business continuity, emergency management, or disaster recovery
- Certified Business Continuity Professional
- Graduate Degree in Business Administration, Risk Management, Disaster/Emergency Management
- All Lines Insurance adjuster license (Florida)
Required Education4-year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.