Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Character Artist Assistant Intern - DCPI (FL)- Summer/Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 529266BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted 03/02/2018
This internship will sit with the Disney Creative Group within WDP&R Merchandise Development, which delivers the best entertainment shopping experience in the world by creating magical merchandise memories inspired by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. WDP&R Merchandise Development is responsible for retail environments, the product design and placement of over 30,000 unique merchandise items for the all Walt Disney Parks and Resorts retail locations around the globe. Our teams are recognized as industry leaders in branded lifestyle merchandise innovation and brand synergy. This position is based in Orlando, FL.
- Drawing Disney characters within storytelling environments using backgrounds, costumes, and props
- Partner with mentor to learn personalities and history of Disney Characters to maintain character and brand integrity
- Partner with mentor to learn to draw multiple views or turn-arounds of characters
- Provide multiple creative solutions to a project with pencil roughs
- Further develop character art and design on the computer
- Contribute to the ideation, presentation and execution of art to support the Disney Parks and Resorts
- Support design teams by preparing production ready art and final files for art packs.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and/or Creative Manger, Character Artists and Graphic Designers to create layouts, patterns, icons, badges
- Ensure projects are completed with the highest quality and within the designated time line.
- Safeguard character integrity, brand, and creative standards
- Must submit a portfolio of professional of artwork that demonstrates strong character drawing skills, illustration, computer design skills and creativity, along with on-line application to be considered for internship
Formal training in illustration or the art field
- Experience and knowledge of Macintosh computers
- Proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Proactive, sense of initiative, self-motivated.
- Ability to work within timelines, handle multiple tasks and maximize productivity.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills and follow timelines on multiple projects. Prioritize tasks and work load to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to handle work and materials that are confidential in nature
Preferred QualificationsAn electronic portfolio is required as part of this application process. Either a URL link to your portfolio listed on your resume or a digital portfolio uploaded to the site along with your application is acceptable, the uploaded file should not exceed 3MBs. Uploaded files must be titled “Summer 2018 Internship Portfolio” in order to be considered. **
Required EducationCurrently enrolled in a 2 year, 4 year, or graduate school program pursuing a degree in illustration or related field
Company OverviewFrom toys, apps and apparel to books and games, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media brings our company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences, inspiring the imaginations of the young and young at heart.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) to participate in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work. Position is based in Orlando, Florida.
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)