Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Creative Assistant Internship - DCPI (FL)- Summer/Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 529265BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted 03/02/2018
The Disney Professional Internships program offers a unique opportunity to explore the world of Disney Interactive (DI) in a seasonal, paid assignment with meaningful and productive projects that allow you to build your resume. You will be provided with challenging projects, performance feedback, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This position will start in May and last through August.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team as a Professional Intern in any of our segments that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Be a part of the team that is responsible for retail environments, the product design and placement of over 30,000 unique merchandise items for the all Walt Disney Parks and Resorts retail locations around the globe. Our team is recognized as industry leaders in branded lifestyle merchandise innovation and brand synergy. Showcase your skills in the WDP&R Merchandise Development Team. This position is based in Orlando, Florida.
- Designing collections of art that focus on unique stories and attractions within our domestic Disney Parks
- Designing a variety of graphics that support the project’s theme or story. Examples of these graphics include logos, patterns and typography
- Participating in brainstorming sessions
- Working with mentor to learn personalities and history of Disney characters to maintain character and brand integrity
- Archiving all logos, character art, images and project files within the standards established by the department
- Specific college training in graphic design
- Experience and knowledge of Macintosh computers
- Proficient knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to handle work and materials that are confidential in nature
- The ability to work as part of a team or on your own, meet deadlines and maximizing productivity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Qualifications**A portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be attached as a PDF or a link provided on your resume.**
Required EducationEnrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
Preferred EducationJunior, Senior or Graduate level student pursuing a degree in graphic design or related field
Company OverviewFrom toys, apps and apparel to books and games, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media brings our company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences, inspiring the imaginations of the young and young at heart.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) to participate in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work. Position is based in Orlando, Florida.
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)