Already applied?View Dashboard
Dir-WDW Environmental AffairsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 627775BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Date posted Jan. 11, 2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney World Resort features four theme parks, twenty-eight Disney owned and operated hotels including ten Disney Vacation Club properties, two water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and Disney Springs, a dining, shopping and entertainment complex.
The Director, Environmental Affairs is responsible for leading environmental regulatory compliance for the Walt Disney World Resort. He/she will lead a multi-disciplinary team responsible for various regulatory compliance programs, including those related to hazardous waste, air emissions and water discharge management.
- Provide expert environmental regulatory compliance guidance to senior leaders and their business teams to achieve full compliance with all environmental regulations
- Interpret new regulations and amendments to existing regulations to determine their impact to the Walt Disney World Resort, consulting with internal legal counsel as appropriate
- Lead, coach and professionally develop a team of ten professionals
- Act as a key point of contact and communication with local, state and federal regulators
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with key internal stakeholders to develop effective compliance strategies
- Oversee budget and administrative functions of department including requisite permit filings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Geology, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive regulatory leadership experience
- Proven expert knowledge of federal and Florida state regulations relating to hazardous waste, air emissions and water discharge
- Working knowledge of related regulatory programs including Comprehensive Environmental Response and Liability Act (CERCLA), Emergency Planning and Community Right- to-Act (EPCRA), Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), Endangered Species (U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service), and the Army Corps of Engineers; Florida Department of Health codes including pools and bio-hazard wastes
- Demonstrated ability to interpret statues and regulations to develop compliance policies and procedures
- Proven experience in interacting and building relationships with relevant regulatory agencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex compliance issues to a broad and diverse group of professionals
- Must exercise excellent judgment, be solution oriented, and appropriately influence results through persuasion and personal presence
- Exceptional strategic thinking and financial and analytical skills, with demonstrated ability to manage budgets
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and develop a group of professionals
- Proven ability to establish and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and follow through
- Professional Engineer, Professional Geologist or other related professional certifications a plus
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.