Director, Wholesale PlanningApply NowApply Later Job ID 888532BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 20, 2022
- Lead the planning function for Direct-to-Consumer retail channel to accomplish sales and margin targets. Analyze historical information and current trends to set realistic expectations for future performance.
- Refine and develop end-to-end inventory management strategies that support pre-season financial and inventory alignment along with in-season execution to support all Goals.
- Partner with Finance, Merchandising & Sales to create top line and divisional sales, inventory and gross margin goals.
- Work with Merchandising and Sales to influence the assortment of the stores.
- Partner with essential planning leaders to establish planning practices and help evolve our planning tools.
- Provide strategic guidance, key insights and recommendation to senior leadership on topline financials. Assess business risk and opportunity and drive contingency planning alignment.
- Lead monthly planning reviews to inform KPI targets plans at the quarterly and monthly level.
- Track sell through by category and season and advise/execute actions needed including replenishment and price promotional activities
- Publish weekly business reporting and provide expert analysis on trends and recommendations.
- Lead Planning Team to performance through development, teamwork, recognition of success, and future leaders of the organization.
- Hire and train Sr. Planner level direct reports.
- Support an environment that fosters respect for the ideas of others and ongoing collaboration to build our strategy.
Basic Qualifications:You Will Have:
- 7+ years of experience in Merchandise Planning, Demand Planning and Allocation
- Identify and summarize complex problems and implement hindsight solutions
- Proven success as a breakthrough thinker who can perform in a competitive retail environment
- Strong business, analytical and financial acumen with a proven track record driving results
- Exceptional collaboration skills and role model for building internal partnerships
- Proven ability to analyze a problem skillfully, find creative solutions, formulate a logical rationale for the decision, and take action
- Convey an appropriate sense of urgency while identifying opportunities, developing alternatives and recommending solutions to complicated business issues in a self-sufficient and highly collaborative environment.
- Wholesale experience in a matrixed environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance, Mathematics or equivalent
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.