Editor, Audiobook & Podcast - Disney Publishing WorldwideApply NowApply Later Job ID 964607BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Must have a strong passion for children’s publishing, exceptional editorial, writing, and proofreading skills, and can efficiently manage diverse responsibilities in a high-volume work environment. You will report to the Executive Editor.
- Develop and edit audiobook and podcast series for Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm/Pixar franchises in partnership with 3rd party licensees
- Collaborate with Editorial, Audio Production, Managing Editorial and Copyediting during the creative development and production of audiobooks and podcasts
- Provide cover concept descriptions to Art & Design teams
- Write proposals for new series, edit manuscripts, check passes against copyediting notes
- Review audio productions for quality and accuracy
- Prepare creative briefs for new projects, set up projects in title management system, request ISBNs/ISSNs
- Facilitate brainstorm meetings with franchise leads, editors, and writers
- Communicate with studio brand managers for approvals
- Manage editorial needs of licensee partnerships
- Prepare catalogs, presentations, one-sheets to facilitate communication to licensees and global territories
- Monitor new trends in the audio/podcast market
- 3-4 years editorial book publishing experience
- Passion for Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm/Pixar franchises
- Mastery of story development, plot structure, character development, and serialized fiction
- Experience brainstorming new ideas with a large team and independently
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to develop and track multiple projects at the same time
- Experience working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, Keynote
- Experience with audiobook and podcast production
Additional Information:Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is one of the world's largest publishing brands, igniting imagination through storytelling in ever-inventive ways. As part of the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment, DPW and its affiliates through its publishing business bring the magic of The Walt Disney Company’s powerful brands and franchises, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, ESPN, 20th Century Studios, and National Geographic, to fans everywhere. DPW, through its vertical publishing operations and global licensing structure, creates and publishes best-selling books, comics, magazines, learning and digital interactive storytelling products, audio books, eBooks, and apps. DPW publications and storytelling products are available in more than 70 countries in 45 languages.
This job is located in Orlando, FL.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.