Editorial Assistant - Disney PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 906696BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 11, 2022
- Assist in the day-to-day administrative needs of publishing
- Schedule meetings, including setting up video conferences, agenda generation, and notes generation; assist on follow-up as needed
- Oversee and maintain contracts and payments
- Request ISBNs, gather title specs, fill-out change memos, and collect sales info
- Order author copies, books samples, and proofs to authors and/or editors
- Route manuscripts and publishing materials to OPA for stakeholder review
- Coordinate and participate in team brainstorms and offer support
- Maintain team tools, including project and asset folders
- Manage communication to internal teams regarding studio updates and needs
- Book travel and submit expenses for senior team
- Assist with some editorial opportunities
- 1-2 years of administrative experience, preferably working in the publishing industry
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, flexible, detail-oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and handle multiple deadlines
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, iCal/Apple Mail, and Word
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Resourceful, innovative, and responsive to change
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience
Additional Information:Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is one of the world's largest publishing brands, igniting imagination through storytelling in ever-inventive ways. As part of the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment, DPW and its affiliates through its publishing business bring the magic of The Walt Disney Company’s powerful brands and franchises, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, ESPN, 20th Century Studios, and National Geographic, to fans everywhere. DPW, through its vertical publishing operations and global licensing structure, creates and publishes best-selling books, comics, magazines, learning and digital interactive storytelling products, audio books, eBooks, and apps. DPW publications and storytelling products are available in more than 70 countries in 45 languages.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.