Entertainment Event Specialist (Seasonal); Disney Live EntertainmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 10049933 Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May 25, 2023
Do you like to make a difference in the lives of families through entertainment? Do you have a passion for delivering experiences that resonate for all Guests, including underrepresented audiences? Do you enjoy making live entertainment experiences come to life for all ages, including young children and 'the young at heart'? Then, this may be the role for you.
Through innovative storytelling and a culture of collaboration, Disney Live Entertainment creates, produces, delivers, and sustains the best live show entertainment in the world. Join the Disney Live Entertainment Team and play an important role to deliver the magic because together, "We Bring Disney Magic to Life!"
The Entertainment Event Specialist provides administrative support for the Disney Character Events team, including the evaluation and processing of internal requests for production events including character performers, contract talent groups, Actor's Equity performers, musicians, DJs and for all Character Special Events both on property here at Walt Disney World Resort and off property. The Entertainment Event Specialist is a behind-the-scenes office and technical role. This is a seasonal position with no guarantee of regular hours.
You will report to the Entertainment Area Manager.
- Organize, evaluate, and process incoming requests for all Character Special Events and mini-production events with contract Talent groups, AEA performers, musicians, and DJs
- Facilitate arrangements for requests taking into consideration Brand and Usage Guidelines, Cast needs, Guest expectations, and Client business objectives
- Accountable for prompt follow-up and follow-through with all requests
- Tracking and updating within Microsoft Office
- Respond to e-mails and incoming calls within the same day or within 24 hours of receiving requests
- Create budget estimates for projects and events
- Initiate schedule requests to Labor Team
- Knowledgeable decision-making within the scope of the role
- Administrative support for the Disney Character Event management team
- Knowledge of Character Use Guidelines, Character Department Operations
- Knowledge of Character STCU agreement
- Understanding of Character Brand integrity and the guidelines of the collective bargaining agreements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Jira, Smartsheet, and SharePoint
- Knowledge of budgeting and accuracy with financial mathematics
- Experience managing schedules and resources
- Organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication skills, including professional telephone etiquette
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with Cast Members and Clients at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work in an office environment
- Flexibility with work schedule, including overtime
- 2+ years' Walt Disney World Resort Character Department experience
- Knowledge of Walt Disney World property and property-wide Entertainment offerings
- Administrative experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of eR2, SAP and EISS
- High school degree or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in entertainment-related field
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with If Productions, LLC, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
If Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.