Human Resources Business PartnerApply NowApply Later Job ID 864158BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 11, 2021
Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) is the division of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) that brings beloved brands and franchises into the daily lives of families and fans through products – from toys to t-shirts, apps, books, console games and more – and experiences that can be found around the world, including on the shopDisney e-commerce platform and at Disney Parks, local and international retailers, as well as Disney store locations globally. The business is home to world-class teams of product, licensing and retail experts, artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
When we grow and develop our people, we’re investing in our future. As forward-looking Human Resources professionals, we are the champions of this investment. The Walt Disney Company’s Human Resources team does so much more than just support our employees…we engage our people, drive change and help our businesses achieve results. How do we do this? By shaping the employee experience on all levels. By partnering with our clients to create and implement innovative business strategies. By being a true thought partner and proactively anticipating business cycles. By fostering leadership success and being experts in change management. By enabling smart decisions by leveraging business data, metrics and external market insights. As a forward-looking HR professional supporting our creative organization, you will serve as a strategic business partner to senior leadership by developing and delivering integrated and inclusive HR Services such as: Strategy Development, Organization Design, Talent Management, Organization & Cast Effectiveness, Change & Transition Management and Functional HR Integration. This role reports to the Director, HR Business Partner.
- Work with HR, employees and leaders to create a place where employees, Cast, and crew want to work and can be successful as their authentic selves
- Partner with the HRBP community and leadership to drive strategic initiatives of the assigned client group at Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products.
- Develop, maintain, and demonstrate working knowledge of the business and take a consultative approach with clients, anticipating, assessing, and providing creative HR solutions to business priorities.
- Consult with clients on moderately complex HR processes, procedures, precedents, and initiatives engaging appropriate centers of excellence (COE) partners as required.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to leaders (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) and engage with Employee Relations as needed
- Partner with HR and Leaders to implement and monitor the success of key Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives.
- Analyze data and present in a compelling way that influences audience to take action on recommendations
- Advise on effective headcount/resource management and partner with talent acquisition to ensure a fair and effective recruitment process
- Work with leaders on organizational design, change management, and culture.
- Influence clients to take a near and long-term view on engaging in key talent processes including talent review, succession planning, leadership development, and talent assessment.
- Works closely with HR Leaders, department leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Support the integrated salary planning process by effectively working with management and Compensation to ensure timely and accurate planning and execution.
- Partner with Learning Development team to co-facilitate key learning opportunities, as needed.
- Participate as an active member of the HR community, building relationships across the HR team and supporting other HR initiatives and projects as required.
- Assists with employee communications (both through design and providing input), as required.
- Participate in special projects at both the HRBP team and client level.
- Minimum of 4+ year’s human resources generalist or HR functional experience in progressively responsible roles supporting a diversity of functional groups including executive level employees.
- Strong business acumen with a keen aptitude to quickly assimilate new information.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels in a multicultural environment and build strong, trusted relationships.
- Excellent consulting and conflict management skills.
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role.
- Experience, exposure, and comfort with a variety of HR facets including organization development, employee relations, talent acquisition, learning & development, and/or compensation.
- Ability to function independently, with minimal supervision, and thrive within a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated experience working as a trusted advisor.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong use of independent judgment to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- Advanced level skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to quickly interpret data, identify trends, and recommend multiple solutions.
- Strong organizational, motivational, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities with grace and efficiency.
- Strong team player and ability to function in a matrixed co-leadership environment.
- Working knowledge and application of federal and state employment laws.
- Experience directly supporting clients in an HRBP capacity.
- SAP or Workday experience.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in a large, corporate, matrixed environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or combination equivalent work experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.