Insurance AssistantApply NowApply Later Job ID 877506BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 18, 2021
Responsibilities:The Insurance Assistant plays an important part of our Disney Risk Management strategy by tracking contractor and vendor certificates of insurance, verifying insurance coverage for their services as required by contracts, purchase orders and agreements. The Insurance Assistant manages the compliance database and communication protocol with vendors/contractors/insurance agents for obtaining certificates of insurance and entry of separate lines of insurance coverage. A successful candidate will possess the ability to work independently, the ability to communicate timely and professionally, and demonstrate a high attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with professionalism, both verbally and in writing
- Computer proficiency in a MS Windows environment, including Outlook, Word, Excel and Internet Explorer.
- Time management skills and the ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Well-organized, self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively with various teams and stakeholders
- Basic understanding of insurance policies for commercial insurance exposures, including automobile liability, general liability, workers’ compensation/employers liability, crime/fidelity insurance, and professional liability/errors and omissions insurance
- Basic understanding of contract administration, contract management, legal and commercial business terms, and basic negotiation skills
- Ability to think tactically and utilize basic problem solving skills
- Ability to understand commercial insurance policy provisions such as additional insured and waiver of subrogation endorsements;
- Prior experience working in an insurance agency or as a member of a Risk Management team
- Walt Disney World work experience and an understanding of various business segments
- Compliance and or legal experience
- Computer proficiency in an insurance tracking database or claims management system; electronic document management programs, such as eDocs
- High School diploma
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in business, insurance, or equivalent professional experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.