Lead Integration Cloud Java Software Engineer
Kissimmee, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 660452BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 25/04/2019
Responsibilities:This Lead Software Engineer position will set and execute strategic technical direction in support of the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Labor Systems Suite. The ideal candidate has a proven track-record of integrating complex vendor-hosted SaaS solutions; as well as successful delivery of custom-developed applications. The Lead Software Engineer is expected to play a critical role in:
- Design and implementation of SaaS vendor product integration, cloud integration, and application integration
- Coordinate with third party product configurator to oversee SaaS selection, product configuration, customization, and implementation of business features
- Owning and leading large development programs and teams where a project comprises of many components from Ideation through implementation.
- Passion to lead in architecture, innovation, development, and Delivery.
- Ability to communicate to both technical and business users and the ability to gracefully handle passionate conversations.
- Overseeing, influencing and mentoring collaborative project teams, inclusive of on-shore and off-shore development resources, key clients, and other technical groups in the organization
- Strong practice of agile development in a collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- Highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and adoption of new technologies
- Ability to create and follow programming and style guidelines to maintain high-quality, secure code
- Ability to create and maintain documentation, procedures, and work instructions for development or operations team.
- Have the Creativity to be able to dynamically evaluate business needs and make suggestions to meet those needs
- Java (proficient to expert level)
- Expert-level knowledge of microservices, RESTful Web Services or APIs.
- Cloud serverless solution development on AWS using Lambda, DynamoDB, Containers, etc. or similar experience such as Azure or GCP
- Expert-level knowledge of object-oriented programming with an understanding of design principles
- Progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components and major SaaS solutions
- Database Design Experience including both relational and NoSQL such as DynamoDB
- Experience with event driven architecture, including technologies such as Pub-Sub, Kafka, and similar solutions
- Strong knowledge of unit testing, behavioral testing and continuous integration
- Monitoring tools such as Splunk, AppDynamics, and New Relic
- Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...)
- Minimum of 4 years Working with 3rd party product configurators.
- Eight to twelve years of progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, mobile-first applications, and major SaaS solutions
- Four to Eight years of project lead experience
- Expert level Scrum Master experience
- Experience with Workforce Management Scheduling Systems in a SaaS environment.
- Proven experience in Big Data technologies, Machine Learning, Bot Technologies, and data integration between systems and analytics tools
- Driving recommendations and implementing mobile solutions for our operations Cast Members
- Experience in Labor Systems or Workforce Management Domain
- Experience with QA and software analytic tools is a plus
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.