Lead Software Engineer (Kronos)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 518335BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Parks & Resorts Date posted May. 03, 2018
Job Summary:The Lead Software Engineer – Workforce Management will be the technical expert for Walt Disney Parks’ Workforce Management technology portfolio. This role will be responsible for leading the rollout of Kronos, a software package to manage hourly schedule and pay for 100k+ Cast Members. This role will also lead the construction of new software tools, overseeing the selection and deployment of off-the-shelf solutions and the overall integrations across all systems (custom and off-the-shelf). In addition to project execution, this role will also be responsible for developing technical strategic roadmap for the portfolio that incorporates business needs, technical priorities and marketplace trends. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of the Kronos package and its capabilities along with a strong understanding of how best to integrate it with external tools/platforms.
- Leads large development projects; oversees project teams as required.
- Works closely with technical and non-technical leaders to strategize on delivery approach and dependency management.
- Understands business and technology priorities and translates them into actionable steps for their team.
- Oversees internal and vendor team delivered work.
- Assists with diagnosis of live site issues, evaluating and recommending the best resolution plan and executing against that plan.
- Reviews architectures, code and configurations.
- Leads programming and testing and debugging of major software development projects.
- Designs, develops, manages, creates and maintains the technical components and templates for front end web pages for client sites
- Strong understanding of the front-end technology stack; able to code against front-end and lead end-to-end troubleshooting.
- Interacts and coordinates deliverables with other technical groups in the organization.
- Executes assigned component level projects using new or existing technologies.
- Designs and develops specifications for assigned projects.
- Reviews or troubleshoots and performs testing.
- Influences the work of team members, other teams, and assigned projects through decisions and actions.
- Designs the component tasks of assigned projects, developing specifications for each.
- Serves as a high-level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced developers and leadership, providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- 6+ years’ of hands-on software development experience in Java or .NET.
- 3+ years’ experience managing a Kronos platform including configuration, upgrades and enhancements.
- Strong understanding of software architecture and design patterns.
- 2+ years of project lead experience.
- Kronos or similar Workforce Management software package
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals.
- Expert level Java or .NET skills
- Experience with Database Design principles and query languages
- HTTP Protocol
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Familiarity procedural scripting languages such as Ruby, Python, PHP, JSP or ASP
- Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...)
Preferred Qualifications:Scrum Master Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience.
About Disney Parks & Resorts:
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are where dreams come true. More than sixty years ago, Walt Disney created a new kind of entertainment families could experience together, immersed in detailed atmospheres and vibrant storytelling. His vision now includes a collection of six of the world’s leading family vacation destinations – Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.; Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.; Tokyo Disney Resort, Urayasu, Chiba, Japan; Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallée, France; Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, located on Lantau Island; and Shanghai Disney Resort, Pudong New District, Shanghai, China. In addition, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts includes the world-class Disney Cruise Line; Disney Vacation Club; Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa; Adventures by Disney, a guided group vacation experience to some of the world’s most popular destinations; and Walt Disney Imagineering, which creates and designs all Disney parks, resorts and attractions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Parks & Resorts.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.