Manager, Global Sourcing - AccessoriesApply NowApply Later Job ID 981602BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 30, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This person possesses the knowledge of successful global sourcing and product development strategies to drive margins and improve efficiencies across all markets and distribution channels (owned & operated retail and wholesale). The Global Merchandise Sourcing team has nearly 100 team members in 6 different countries managing 450+ suppliers providing vertically developed merchandise for Disney stores, shopDisney.com, Parks & Resorts and wholesale partners worldwide.
This position reports to Senior Sourcing Manager, Global Sourcing, and will require some domestic and/or international travel for product placement/cost negotiations exercises
Responsibilities:Sourcing and Product Compliance
- Lead supplier strategy, product costing/placement, manage vendor communication, development and production management of respective product categories. Experience in APPAREL is a MUST.
- Implement sourcing strategies in partnership with TWDC Global Product & Labor Standards to ensure compliance policies are met across all products and suppliers.
- Develop and deliver strategies in collaboration with cross-functional members that meet or exceed financial goals.
- Responsible for ensuring products meet established standards for safety and quality including monitoring quarterly Product Review Requests (PRRs) with product integrity partners.
- Manage sourcing strategies that evolve with shifts in trade policies and allow for flexibility through an on-going, active knowledge of a dynamic geo-political landscape.
Productivity and Process
- Lead, collaborate and produce results with regard to brand extension, product quality, innovations in technology and sustainability, time/cost efficiency and revenue growth.
- Optimize global merchandise productivity and profitability by identifying and mitigating cost drivers.
- Ability to manage flexible product development models that drive increased creativity and innovation from suppliers.
- Track progress of production cycle against key milestone dates through daily maintenance of the Development Tracking Report, Development Boards, and Global Retail Plans. Ensure all products are shipped on time to support established in-store and online launch dates.
- Prepare standard and/or any ad-hoc reports as requested (time and action calendars, production timelines, status updates, etc.).
- Manage the workflow for data entry tasks including item setups, price changes, financial roadmaps, and invoicing.
- Knowledge of successful global sourcing and product development strategies to drive margins and improve efficiencies across all markets and distribution channels (owned & operated retail and wholesale).
- Develop sourcing strategies that maximize profitability and minimize risk with a goal of year-over-year improvement.
- Aware of industry trends to help inform sourcing strategies to team and to leadership.
- Proactively seek new opportunities, ideas, techniques and materials to drive product innovation with both new and existing suppliers.
- Identify sourcing strategies that support global distribution while balancing need for localization and speed-to-market.
Collaboration and Communication
- Develops and cultivates strong partnerships with best-in-class suppliers and internal stakeholders as they pertain to the sourcing and production of best-in-category Disney-branded merchandise.
- Contact suppliers/vendors to follow up and verify the accuracy of provided data, resolve routine issues, and ensure supplier alignment with Disney processes and procedures.
- Communicate production status to global and regional partners during weekly cross-functional meetings and as required.
- Attend quarterly product review meetings to understand key sourcing initiatives and action items.
- Develop and foster cross-functional relationships to ensure all business goals are aligned.
- Leverage knowledge of the Company’s products and services to manage the needs of diverse stakeholders and ensure effective collaboration with cross-functional partners and vendors.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with direct reports, internal and external partners.
- Collaborate and lead cross functional team members through all aspects of supplier strategy, cost negotiation, placement, product development, product safety/quality and on-time deliveries.
- Lead and direct employee development, engagement and diversity to advance a culture of collaboration and organizational vibrancy.
- 5-8 years related experience preferably in specialty retail or consumer products
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team
- Exposure to Sourcing & Production of multiple product categories
- Proven track record of effectively communicating with manufacturers
- Ability to manage multiple SKU’s and timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple design and development partners, a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to be flexible, adapt to change, and grow with organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising/Product Development/Design, Business or Supply Chain or 5-8 years of related experience
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.