Manager, HR Business PartnerApply NowApply Later Job ID 865778BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 22, 2021
Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) is the division of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) that brings beloved brands and franchises into the daily lives of families and fans through products – from toys to t-shirts, apps, books, console games and more – and experiences that can be found around the world, including on the shopDisney e-commerce platform and at Disney Parks, local and international retailers, as well as Disney store locations globally. The business is home to world-class teams of product, licensing and retail experts, artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
When we grow and develop our people, we’re investing in our future. As forward-looking Human Resources professionals, we are the champions of this investment. The Walt Disney Company’s Human Resources team does so much more than just support our employees…we engage our people, drive change and help our businesses achieve results. How do we do this? By shaping the employee experience on all levels. By partnering with our clients to create and implement innovative business strategies. By being a true thought partner and proactively anticipating business cycles. By fostering leadership success and being experts in change management. By enabling smart decisions by leveraging business data, metrics and external market insights. As a forward-looking HR professional supporting our creative organization, you will serve as a strategic business partner to senior leadership by developing and delivering integrated and inclusive HR Services such as: Strategy Development, Organization Design, Talent Management, Organization & Cast Effectiveness, Change & Transition Management and Functional HR Integration. This role reports to the Director, HR Business Partner.
- Establishes and maintains an intimate understanding of the client organizations and the business, in the interest of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and clients, at all levels of the organization
- Plans and supports organization design to implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Develops and executes a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights.
- Develops thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention
- Proactively assesses business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative, “influence without authority” approach
- Coaches business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development
- Assesses organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives
- Coaches business leaders on key organizational and management issues
- Plans and facilitates work sessions to develop business strategies that help support organizational focus, efficiency, speed, and business results
- Assesses employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill sets
- Minimum of 4+ years human resources generalist experience in progressively responsible roles supporting a diversity of functional groups including executive level employees
- Strong business acumen with a keen aptitude to quickly assimilate new information, including involvement in budget and variable labor mix headcount planning
- Proven ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels in a multicultural environment and build strong, trusted relationships
- Excellent consulting and conflict management skills
- Experience working with senior executives in an “influence-without-authority” role
- Experience, exposure, and comfort with a variety of HR facets including organization development, employee relations, talent acquisition, learning & development, and compensation
- Ability to function independently, with minimal supervision, and thrive within a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience working as a trusted advisor
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong use of independent judgment to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to quickly interpret data, identify trends, and recommend multiple solutions
- Strong organizational, motivational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong team player and ability to function in a matrixed environment
- Working knowledge and application of federal and state employment laws
- Experience directly supporting clients in an HRBP capacity
- SAP experience
- Project management experience
- Experience working in a large, corporate, matrixed environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or combination equivalent work experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.