Manager, Sales – Specialty RetailApply NowApply Later Job ID 966146BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- Report to the Sr Manager, Sales
- Strategize and develop new business opportunities across all licensed categories
- Execute strategies and initiatives that achieve speciﬁed ﬁnancial goals for Disney's business at assigned 3rd party retailer(s) for our licensed merchandise and direct-to-retail businesses
- Develop buyer and licensing relationships to achieve predetermined revenue and growth targets
- Analyze account performance and develop growth goals that are aligned with Disney Consumer Products initiatives
- Develop channel level product strategies, merchandising and marketing plans to ensure that sales are maximized and marketing goals are met
- Manage account speciﬁc initiatives, promotions, trade and consumer advertising, designed to maximize sell-in and sell through of products in partnership with other teams
- Build team-oriented relationships with other key teams that result in new business and cross promotional opportunities
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned categories to include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting
- Use Retail Analytics to help manage insights and identify business and growth opportunities.
- Analyze retail and consumer trends in the industry, speciﬁcally for relevant categories
- Develop 5-year strategic plan, annually, by category and franchise, and determine key objectives and priorities.
- Fulﬁll all reporting requirements in a timely and appropriate manner. Manage travel and expenses to budget.
- Identify and support new business development opportunities
- Work with category teams to develop product for the licensed categories
- Participate in the advertising & promotions process to drive sales and retail programs
- Represent account at line reviews, trade shows and sales meetings
Basic Qualifications:You Have:
- 8 years of experience in a sales organization, preferably in consumer packaging group industry
- Experience with retail account management
- Superior analytical, problem solving and research skills
- Experience presenting to buyers, licensees, and senior management
- Strong apparel/fashion and/or Toy background preferred, with experience in assortment planning, sell in, and sell through, customer buying patterns, pricing models, and in-store merchandising is a plus.
- Proﬁcient with Keynote and Microsoft Oﬃce applications: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with specialty retailers preferred
Preferred EducationBA/BS degree preferred and/or 5+ years of experience in sales organization.
Additional Information:This position is based in Orlando, FL.
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.