Manager - Sourcing Compliance SustainabilityApply NowApply Later Job ID 981562BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 20, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Liaison between suppliers and cross-functional partners
- Manage Higg FEM
- Develop procedures to implement, track and report on sustainability goals and metrics
- Monitor and track supplier capabilities
- Liaise with cross-functional partners to ensure timely communication to suppliers of information relating to sustainability and other compliance requirements
- Responsible for collecting data and information from multiple global stakeholders as it relates to sustainability initiatives and supplier compliance
- Represent GSCO team on sustainability task forces
- Assist in development of data tracking and measurement processes and tools that streamline and efficiently manage sustainability from external partners, including manufacturers
- Assist in driving communication, education and development opportunities at all levels to drive engagement and support for sustainability with both internal and external partners
- Continuously make process improvement and recommendations to create efficiencies
- Manage a variety of concurrent projects and tasks as needed
- Analyze problems effectively and take action to resolve
- Lead team members through all aspects of sustainability compliance
- 3+ years of relevant experience preferably with a retailer or consumer products company
- Ongoing awareness of industry trends, governmental regulations and sustainability best practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple cross-functional partners (including executive levels)
- Ability to provide relevant information and guide clients and sourcing teams to decision points
- Ability to multitask in a challenging, fast-paced, results and detail-oriented environment
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills able to provide executive summaries/presentations and communicate instructions and complex information clearly
- Intermediate skills in database management, Office 365 suite of tools and SharePoint. Basic skills in Smartsheet, Power Apps and DocuSign helpful
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Environmental Science and Management and/or sustainability related field with business focus (or combination of relevant education and experience)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.