Manager, Supply Chain Technology
Kissimmee, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 877447BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 21, 2021
Job Summary:“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP). And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen! DPEP Technology & Digital is the organization that creates, develops and maintains the technical solutions for the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. This role focuses on the Supply Chain and Logistics systems used for Merchandise and Food and Beverage.
As a Technology Manager on the Supply Chain and Logistics Technology team, you will be leading a diverse team of Software Engineers, Product Managers, Service Owners, and Business Analysts who serve the vital functions of supporting the products that our business partners use for forecasting, ordering, warehousing and location stocking of products, enabling various lines of business to bring magic to our Guests. This is a highly collaborative role where partnership with technical, business, operations and vendors are crucial. This team is responsible for providing world class technology support, delivering projects and innovation efforts aligning with technology and business strategy.
- Direct a team responsible for Supply Chain and Logistics applications as part of a 24/7 technology organization.
- Manage delivery of sustainment and project efforts overseeing agile software development, capital budgets & monthly forecasting, go-lives and production transitions.
- Interface with Managed Service provider and Vendor Management Office to ensure services are provided to Disney’s satisfaction.
- Partner with both senior technology and business leaders in order to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Participate in various tactical and strategic meetings with all levels of leadership to advise and collaborate on solutions to current and future challenges.
- Build and maintain relationships with partners in business and technology both locally and at Parks across the globe.
- Manage a highly motivated, efficient team which deliver high quality services and support.
- Provide mentoring of fellow cast members.
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices.
- 5+ relevant experience in Supply Chain and warehousing business and technology management and project delivery
- 5+ Technology leadership experience.
- Functional knowledge in Supply Chain processed associated with the SCOR model, especially in the warehousing space
- Knowledge of Traditional and Agile software development lifecycles and methodologies.
- Success at achieving sophisticated technology goals on-time and on-budget.
- A comfort level with complex, matrixed organizations.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with colleagues and partners in several different geographic locations and time zones with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Ability to write and deliver high impact presentations internally and externally and develops persuasive and convincing communications (e.g., business cases, proposals, roadmaps, plans) to secure commitment from business leaders
- Comfort navigating ambiguity in business requirements, technology options and product/site direction
- Experience writing technical and/or business documentation.
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Understanding of enterprise application stacks including middleware and infrastructure components.
- Experience with current development languages and methodologies.
- Proven ability to work with leaders to track and manage financials, including team budget, resource cost forecasting, hardware/software maintenance payments, contractor invoices, identifying coverage gaps, and funds to close those gaps
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse operations team.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, be committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously.
- Candidate must have mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to members of the team.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Be able to lead team members and drive high expectations in the areas of quality and consistency.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong supplier relationships
- Experience implementing enterprise wide Supply Chain solutions
- Experience wearing multiple hats (Sustainment, Project, Innovation)
- Software development experience
- Familiarity with Azure, Google and AWS Cloud platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or related field/work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.