Managing Editor/Project Manager - Disney PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 866365BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted Nov. 26, 2021
- Manage and prioritize schedules for both eBooks and Audiobooks. Set and track dates as well as collect and track costs for each project
- Lead multiple, regular production meetings where projects are reviewed and discussed by relevant parties: Audio, Design, IT and Editorial/QA teams. Must take a proactive role in overcoming obstacles to ensure timely delivery of finished files and product
- Maintain the publishing databases and systems with accurate data regarding schedules, title information, and file availability. Run reports as assigned
- Utilize JIRA to manage the day-to-day workflow and keep all internal departments informed of changes.
- Utilize the internal publishing title database, PUBs, to manage ISBN requests and change memos, as well as initiating change memos when eBooks are affected by changes to print books
- Attend production meetings for print groups as needed, to monitor how projects are going and identify potential issues, as well as identify possible candidates for eBook. Maintain open communication with print groups to foresee and solve possible issues to schedules. Ensure OK to Print files are delivered so eBooks get up to date files quickly
- Coordinate back of book ads, as well as maintain schedule of backlist updates for key authors and properties
- Track/move titles through OPA for review, assigning due dates for QA review and indicating priorities
- Assist with metadata updates/clean up projects as needed
- This position requires a detail-oriented individual with excellent process management skills who will interact effectively with all departments. Additionally, this position requires an adept problem solver with strong interpersonal skills who is able to work with internal contacts at higher levels.
- 3-5 years Managing editorial and/or project management experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of publishing functions and processes. Children’s publishing experience/an understanding of children’s content and formats is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel (advanced skills a plus), PowerPoint) and familiarity with Macs required. Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Reader a plus. Past experience in basic databases preferred (Filemaker Pro, ACT, or ERP).
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
Disney Publishing Worldwide helps bring our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.