Marketing Manager, Kids - Disney Press, Marvel Press, Lucasfilm PressApply NowApply Later Job ID 966220BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted Apr. 27, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- Develop marketing strategy for publishing franchises, series, and titles published by Disney Press, Marvel Press, LucasFilm Press, and licensed publishing partners with a focus on children's titles from picture book to young adult, while aligning with overall publishing brand strategies.
- Build marketing campaigns and promotions for (social, email, web) and paid (advertising, social, third-party, retail marketing) messaging with teams.
- Align teams including Comms, PR, Sales, and Retail Marketing in Disney Publishing Worldwide and across The Walt Disney Company lines of business (Disney+, Consumer Products, Disney Channel, etc.) to provide promotional synergies and marketing partnerships.
- Create and compile marketing campaign details and assets required for marketing and sales materials and manage process through to delivery (including sell sheets, Amazon Plus pages, and recaps) to communicate to internal teams and partners.
- Lead copywriting and copyediting for all marketing materials.
- Partner with Sales and Digital/eComm on metadata creation and optimization.
- Manage imprint presence at events (ComicCon, D23, etc).
- Manage operational aspects of marketing budget.
- 5+ years’ experience in a marketing role, ideally working with children’s books, entertainment, consumer products, and/or licensing.
- Digital and Social Media experience.
- Willingness to travel domestically (5-10%).
- Experience in publishing, preferably in children’s books.
- Previous campaign management experience.
- College degree preferred
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
Disney Publishing Worldwide helps bring our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games.The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.