Merchandise Asst BuyerApply NowApply Later Job ID 7122546820220519 Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney (Parks, Experiences, and Products)
The Assistant Buyer assists the Buying Manager through developing range plan for assigned categories across brands. Curate the global range for all regional channels to meet financial goals. Your day would include purchase order processing and providing data to partners and vendors to manage the product and commercial flow for the business.
You will report to the Senior Buying Manager
- Build quarterly trend shopping analysis at category level across all channels and regional markets for Buying or Associate Buying Manager.
- Prepare and maintain photobooks/plan aligning with product flow calendar and quarterly showcase deliverables.
- Provide all product details/ product navigation and quarterly product briefs to support product hand offs to site merchandising/creative and visual.
- Communicate product quality report together with PI and Global sourcing and agreed action plans.
- Communicate with important partners and teams on global assortment range plans including shifts and provide updates
- Provide support for milestone meetings through delivery of presentation decks, business recaps, hindsight reports and coordinating data points from important partners
- Track item set up, defining items masters and raise purchase orders for relevant channels. Manage PO revisions to ensure accurate order book.
- Provide weekly on-line checks and maintain corrective action plan for accuracy of information at regional market level. Monitor Bazaarvoice reviews and report out for consumer centric strategy.
- Track delivery of all category POs in partnership with Sourcing, Production and department's Coordinator and escalate shipment issues. Identify sales risks.
- Manage range plan assortment and ensuring accuracy.
- Manage vendor set ups.
- Build partnerships with important partners including sourcing, site merchandising, planning, O&O, GPC and regional partners.
- Take ownership of your professional development through regular feedback with your leader and using training resources.
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- 2+ years related experience
- Team Player and able to form good working partnerships
- Work on multiple tasks
- Work across multiple time zones with flexible schedule
- You have experience in retail with an omni-channel retailer, buying related experience
- Knowledge of retail math and ecommerce experience
- Experience in the EMEA and APAC markets
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About The Walt Disney Company
NOTE: This section will be automatically added to all postings based on team (e.g., DPEP, Technology, etc.). Please do not submit it with your job posting when submitting to Talent Acquisition with Jira or your Recruiter.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a changing world.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Dev & Creative, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Dev & Creative is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.