Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Merchandise Development Intern, Parks Apparel, Summer/Fall 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 522192BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Parks & Resorts Date posted 01/29/2018
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team as a Professional Intern in any of our segments that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ResponsibilitiesA day in the life…
- Learn and sharpen skills in Merchandise/Buying/Product Development
- Understand the technical functions of Product Development as it pertains to the development of product for retail sales at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.
- Contributing with Product conception, sample coordination, external and internal communication, art requests; item number creation and product integrity testing.
- Providing and researching market trends and innovations to support guest experiences through merchandise.
- Strong knowledge of market trends at retail. Ability to identify market trends through trend research.
- Previous Merchandise experience
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Preferred Qualifications•Prior participation in the Disney College Program
- Major related to Retail Merchandising, Merchandise Design, Fashion Merchandising & Fashion Design
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 - January 2019.
A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.