Mgr-Allocation PlanningApply NowApply Later Job ID 10023707 Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 31, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Mgr. Allocation Planning:
DESCRIPTION: The Manager, Retail Allocation drives the domestic allocation strategy across all core and cross category initiatives to maximize in-store revenue through product flow, performance, and method of replenishment, collaborating with multiple teams to optimize inventory across the chain. The Manager, Retail Allocation compiles change recommendations based on business insights and analytics, guest mix and events at Theme Parks and Resorts. You will evaluate the assortment and reacts to in-season performance/trends/learnings to inform & adjust future inventory flow and replenishment. This role will report to Director, Vertical Planning.
- Lead team to develop allocation strategy for departments & cross category programs for all channels to achieve growth and profitability that align with core objectives.
- Set execution guidelines for team on the management of sets & product launches.
- Lead Allocators to understand in-season performance/trends to information future flow of inventory or setting of replenishment models.
- Collaborate with Store Operations, Distribution Services, and Location Strategy to identify replenishment or delivery opportunities to maximize inventory levels to the store and site level.
- Ensure team has an understanding of system algorithms and cause & effect of changes.
- Ensure team provides additional support as needed for high profile store events/new openings/launches.
- Identify/recommend backfill strategy to LS/MP for all OOS and product flow issues.
- Confirm team understands product lifecycles and establishes exit & consolidation strategies.
- Understands and utilizes tools available to purchase, analyze and react to trends in the business to achieve growth and profitability objectives.
- Build effective partnerships with key stakeholders across the broader organization. Work strategically with these partners to leverage efforts and provide process efficiencies where possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or equivalent.
- 10 years of merchandise planning experience.
- A successful track record in retail; recognized as a leader and key contributor to the overall success within their organization.
- Ability to think innovatively and strategically.
- Proven leadership abilities: ability to guide, direct, and positively influence within a corporate environment.
This position is located in Kissimmee, FL
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
Learn more about Consumer Products, Games, and Publishing here: CPGP Overview
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Dev & Creative, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Dev & Creative is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.