Manager, Operations Consumer ProductsApply NowApply Later Job ID 7122586620220519 Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Business Operations is focused on developing an operational model that enables efficiency, scale, productivity and innovation across CPGP. Consumer Product Operations supports the Global Product Creation team and is accountable for project management and operations across GPC, various new business models and regions including ongoing automation, process improvement and optimization to ensure teams are operating effectively and efficiently.
The Manager, Operations CP will partner with Content Providers, and key internal stakeholders including 3rd Party Commercialization, Franchise, Brand Merchandising, Creative Design and Product Design. This role oversees both Creative Design and Product Design operations and reports to Sr. Manager, Operations Consumer Products.
• Oversee multiple complex franchises and centers of excellence while leading a team of both Creative Design and Product Design Operations specialists
• Leverage experience in both Creative Design and Product Design Operations to maximize the efficiency and optimization of processes to support development
• Lead a team in the day to day development of style guides, character art and asset creation and product design through the development cycle
• Oversee the teams’ workflow, providing project prioritization feedback and manage escalations
• Focus on development and duration stats to be able to report critical data to Leadership team
• Oversee all channels of distribution including Licensed, Owned and Operated and Flexible Business Models
• Liaise with Global Product Creation, Content providers, 3rd Party Commercialization, Franchise and Regional stakeholders
• Facilitate milestone meetings based on Needs & Assets and Product to Market calendars as needed
• Manage early asset/reference distribution
• Manage Legal/BA/Trademark/Music clearance process for Creative Design and Product Design
• Partner with Security and Information Protection team regularly
• Continually evaluate processes to maximize efficiencies by leveraging technology
• Develop and document guidelines for ongoing asset review and evaluation process
• Lead team’s development, ensuring team members receive training, guidance and performance feedback
Basic Qualifications :
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for internal and external communication
• Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
• Proficiency with PC and/or Mac office and data management software programs
• Solid organizational skills; able to juggle and prioritize multiple projects and tasks
• Strong attention to detail and ability to keep accurate records
• Team player that works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions
• Comfortable communicating with all partners at all levels
• Flexible to change while able to manage and support multiple projects concurrently
• Proactive and demonstrates strong initiative able to manage day-to-day work-flow with minimal supervision
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Required Education :
• Bachelors degree
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
This role is located in Orlando, FL
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Dev & Creative, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Dev & Creative is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.