O&O Merchandising ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 865708BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 18, 2021
- Create assortment strategy by category across brands and curate a global line that meets the financial goals for global Parks, TDS, and shopDisney.
- Establish the merchandising strategy and assortment curation for a category, ensuring one global line for Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Disney Signature Experiences, The Disney Store, ShopDisney.com and global Parks/Disney store leveraging and integration.
- Lead category line curation that supports a global go-to-market approach from Flagship to Outlet locations including regional nuances.
- Lead the identification of seasonal big bets globally; partner to align on investment and activate marketing to support.
- Build and curate multi-category consumer-centric, global assortments that support strategic intent of the brand and increase growth at retail for each region / site.
- Drive partnership with site and regional buying and planning to build and implement new programs to create increased value and capture, to unlock white space opportunities and to inform inventory investment.
- Determine seasonal product flow strategy that supports company content calendar including; film, TV, synergy, attractions, entertainment, anniversaries, historical needs, and addresses regional holiday/seasonal selling patterns.
- Develop cohesive seasonal product brief to Brand team that ensures site needs are addressed across brands, franchisees and categories while maximizing item productivity, and capitalizing on important successes across multiple regions / sites.
- Summarize global results to inform our goals to hindsight performance and insights to inform future seasons.
- Be the expert on the competitive environment - participate in market shopping and stay informed about macro, micro, and consumer/fashion trends.
- Lead Merchandising and Collaboration for Parks specific activations.
- Promote the best expression of our brands through unique Park and Attraction-based retailing. Build product strategies for categories that are designed for an immersive space through well-executed activations that maximize capture within the attraction while building equity and desire for future interaction with products in our unique specialty retail environment.
- Partner with WDI and merchant teams for each brand to ensure the products we build continue to story tell and complete the experience for our valuable Parks guests.
- Attract and convert new consumers though the creation of product strategies designed for the Parks retail space globally.
- Develop category level global merchandising strategic landscape ensuring quarterly / annual growth targets are achieved.
- Partner with Commercial and Marketing teams to promote awareness and plans globally.
- Develop teams and bench to support organizational growth needs.
- Lead by example; create a culture that fosters teamwork.
- Be a role model by coaching and teaching team members with regular feedback.
- Identify market and consumer trends to maximize value creation throughout the trend cycle.
- Provide input on development of financial plans.
- Experience working, and thriving, in a matrixed company structure.
- Collaborative management style.
- Team Player – The ability to build partnerships across departments within The Walt Disney Corporation.
- Bring creative business ideas.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Product Merchandising, specialty retail & product assortment strategy
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Experience curating a global product line
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.