Already applied?View Dashboard
PlannerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 434558BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 05/01/2018
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
This person is responsible for the coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific projects. Construction knowledge is required to understand steps associated with various renovation projects, as well as the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with our clients to ensure as little impact to operations as possible. The skills needed to be successful will encompass computer knowledge to initiate contracts and to follow the progression of a job with correspondence, field directives, and all other documentation processes to complete a project.
- Responsible for overall project safety, obtaining final approval for a contractor submitted safety plan, and compliance with the project safety plan.
- Responsible for the development, planning, execution and closeout of all aspects of the portfolio of projects throughout the project life. Includes: project design, development, implementation, budget, cash flows, EFCs, maintenance of job files.
- Responsible for the overall project schedule and establishing critical path milestones to ensure schedule compliance.
- Responsible for coordinating operational constraints and job objectives to achieve as seamless a project implementation as possible.
- Conduct presentations to clients.
- Responsible for timely issuance of field directives, obtaining costing concurrence from estimating, conversion to change orders, and obtaining management approval to allow for accurate estimated final cost reporting and timely job closeout.
- Basic knowledge of building construction practices and materials
- Basic knowledge of construction accounting (budgets, cash flows, etc.)
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient computer skills with familiarity using Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and effectively and efficiently execute work
- Basic knowledge of construction and project management processes and purchasing/contract management.
- Two years in commercial facilities construction industry
- Completion of an Internship or Co-op Program in an applicable discipline
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university and at least two years of experience in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.