Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Product Design Internship - DCPI, Summer 2017Apply Now Job ID 429790BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Job Posting Company Disney Parks & Resorts, Disney Consumer Products, Disney Interactive Job Posting Area Disney Parks & Resorts, Disney Consumer Products, Disney Interactive Date posted 03/03/2017
The Disney Professional Internships program offers a unique opportunity to explore the world of Disney Interactive (DI) in a seasonal, paid assignment with meaningful and productive projects that allow you to build your resume. You will be provided with challenging projects, performance feedback, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This position will start in May and last through August.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team as a Professional Intern in any of our segments that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Be a part of the team that is responsible for retail environments, the product design and placement of over 30,000 unique merchandise items for the all Walt Disney Parks and Resorts retail locations around the globe. Our team is recognized as industry leaders in branded lifestyle merchandise innovation and brand synergy. Showcase your skills in the WDP&R Merchandise Development Team.
- Supporting design teams by creating and preparing product design concepts and final template technical drawings and specs for merchandise softlines or hardlines, products for Disney Theme Park Merchandise
- Translating trend and product inspiration ideas into visual product silhouette renderings and technical drawings such that construction information is accurately interpreted by suppliers
- Collaborating with Internal Sourcing team and manufacturing partners to understand production capabilities and limitations in order to develop actionable product specs
- Assessing potential cost margin impact of fabrics, colors, trims, graphic treatments, technology components, and construction choices
- Preparing computer files accurately for appropriate manufacturing processes in accordance to client/vendor applications
- Archiving all project files within the standards established by the department
- Proficient knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, Z Brush, Solidworks programs, and Mac operating systems
- Specific college training in product design art field
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle work and materials that are confidential in nature
Preferred Qualifications**A portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be attached as a PDF, any other portfolio submissions may not be considered.** Please see additional Information.
- Suggested content, examples of all the below are not required.
- Use of varied materials in product
- Product form and function
- Exploded view of item(s) to show assembly
- Unique and diverse item design