Product ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 7062452320220220 Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
From toys to apparel, books to games, and much more, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings our company’s products, through stories and characters, to markets worldwide. With a portfolio of renowned franchises including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, 20CS and National Geographic, our efforts to deliver innovative and experiential products, designed to entertain and inspire, is industry leading and category shaping.
Based in Orlando, FL and reporting to the Manager, Product Management, the Product Manager will be responsible for contributing to and executing the strategic direction for features on the shopDisney eCommerce platforms. You will lead Product Analysts, providing day to day guidance and support in building digital products for the shopDisney website and mobile app. Team activities will include (but are not limited to) translating digital vision and strategies into various product documents, including pitch presentations, business cases, epics, user stories, and functional requirements/specifications. You will also partner with disciplines, teams, and leaders across the organization to define and deliver on the strategic vision for shopDisney.
- Manages and oversees the implementation of retail ecommerce and broader digital product strategies for shopDisney
- Leads the execution of retail ecommerce and broader digital product strategies and roadmaps in partnership with other disciplines and leaders
- Leverages an understanding of product management for retail ecommerce and broader digital products to manage the development pipeline and priorities across teams/disciplines
- Has a deep understanding of product objectives and priorities and translates product concepts into user stories, epics, and other appropriate product deliverables
- Helps teams and leaders understand and make choices about product and project scope, priorities, MVP, delivery dates, etc
- Manages and delivers on multiple projects in parallel, balancing the needs and timelines of each simultaneously
- Attends regular project scrums, stand-ups, and status updates to help drive priority decisions and remove roadblocks
- Provides frequent communication to leaders on project status, progress, issues, and choices that could impact the budget, timeline, or strategic vision
- Manages partner (internal and external) relationships through communication, collaboration, and partnership
- Negotiates valuation and funding estimates with partners, while pushing to ensure that teams are value-engineering cost-effective solutions
- Ultimately owns the digital product and is responsible for the delivery of that product and associated projects on time, on budget, on strategy, and with a superior level of quality and performance
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in digital product management
- Minimum years of retail ecommerce product management experience
- Knowledge and experience in the development of web, native app, and hybrid app products, with a proven history of successfully delivering consumer-centric retail eCommerce solutions to market
- Understanding of eCommerce business, financial returns, value drivers, and fiscal management of projects
- Experience managing technical, user, and business issues in a fast-moving eCommerce organization
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and practices
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and project leadership skills, including an ability to communicate effectively at a leadership level
- Ability to provide overall leadership across multiple disciplines and teams, while working collaboratively to deliver quality on time and on budget
- Ability to distill research and data to identify business opportunities and develop corresponding business cases
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand, and drive resolution of mission-critical product and project issues
- Proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, build strong and sustainable relationships, and interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiative
- Flexibility and proficiency in managing ambiguity and leading teams through changes strategic direction and/or priorities
- Education and/or experience in a technical discipline (computer science, software engineering, decision science, AI/ML)
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience in retail
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This role is located in Orlando, FL
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Dist., LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Dist., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.