Retail Creative Graphic DesignerApply NowApply Later Job ID 980143BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Together with the Retail Creative Manager, the Designer will help lead concept development, design, production, project management and installations for Parks, Resorts, and Disney Signature Experiences.
This position will report to the Retail Creative Manager.
- Partner with the Retail Creative manager in planning, strategy, design, production, and implementation of storewide graphic packages to support over 350 retail locations in Florida, California, Aulani, Disney Cruise Line and Disney's Signature Experiences
- Create environmental graphic solutions to support new film and product strategies while adhering to established brand standards
- Support the Retail Creative team in developing, refining, and executing graphic solutions for both site and global activations
- Support the Retail Creative manager to lead projects from concept to completion, guiding other designers and providing feedback as needed and ensuring deadlines are met
- Partner with Merchandise Presentation site teams to execute store refreshes, providing art direction and design for graphic overlays, wayfinding, and other displays as needed
- Coordinate fabrication of 3D and 2D graphics with vendors in a timely manner while adhering to specifications and maintaining a high standard of quality
- Responsible for preparing files for print and/or fabrication
- Responsible for driving a project from initial concept development, through approvals, production, and installation
- Minimum of four (4) years of graphic design experience
- Must provide a graphic design portfolio that demonstrates knowledge in composition, hierarchy, and color theory as well as a clear understanding of typography and layout
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe creative suite with emphasis on Illustrator and Photoshop and InDesign
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be comfortable in a hands-on graphic production environment (printing, cutting, assembling and delivery) with a high attention to detail
- Proven familiarity with both print and digital production workflows
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team, delegating as appropriate
- Ability to handle multiple projects with short deadlines
- Ability to articulate conceptual and design decisions to peers and senior leadership
- Must be comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback on a regular basis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have flexible schedule with the ability to work overnights and early mornings as needed
- Must have a valid US driver's license and must be comfortable driving a cargo van
- Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. with the ability to stand for extended periods of time
- High school diploma or equivalent
Additional Information:Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
This job is located in Orlando, FL.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.