Senior Copywriter, Merchandise on DemandApply NowApply Later Job ID 983046BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 25, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Senior Copywriter, Merchandise on Demand is responsible for developing/managing the Brand voice for Disney's Third Party Merchandise on Demand business. We are looking for a creative story teller to write compelling, clever copy that delivers against our brand and product strategies. In this role you will be an important member of the creative team ensuring the accuracy of our Brand voice, as well as a key cross-functional partner to the Ecommerce marketing and SEO teams.
You will report to the Manager, Merchandise on Demand.
- You will Deliver targeted, creative copy that is aligned with marketing and business objectives in a constant deadline-driven environment
- Adapt to a variety of Disney brand "voices" based on our franchises, style guide requirements and guidelines
- Product is the hero, dive into the details, work with marketing team to highlight features and benefits of our product to create differentiation within the marketplace and help drive traffic
- Ensure that the editorial created is factually correct and in keeping with the codes of advertising practice as well as in line with the Disney Voice Style Guide
- You will understand the retail marketplace and cultural landscape in an effort to enhance and promote our products and stories so they are relevant
- You will collaborate with design team to craft smart, engaging copy for site, emails, seasonal, franchise and promotional campaigns
- Drive increase in email open rate through engaging subject lines and system text
- Minimum of 3 years agency, entertainment and or marketing copywriting experience
- Demonstrate an understanding of the product, target audience and competitor activities in the market.
- Creative writing and copy editing skills
- Ability to communicate ideas with "Disney style".
- Proficiency with Mac, Microsoft Word and Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Track a variety of ongoing, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM
- Knowledge of the Disney consumer market & Disney brand, culture and guest expectations
- Knowledge of HTML
- Experience with Box, Monday.com
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Liberal Arts
Additional Information:This role is located in Orlando, FL.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
#CPGPJOBS #DPEPFLA #LI-HH2
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.