Senior Logistics Business Intelligence ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 912062BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 06, 2022
The Sr Logistics Business Insights & Analytics Manager will conduct business analysis and clearly articulate recommendations to help drive improvements to the logistics program and the overall business. They will be accountable for consulting with internal teams and business partners to assess and address information needs, and for managing, analyzing and synthesizing analytics and insights to influence decisions and action planning.
Responsibilities:As the Sr Logistics Business Insights & Analytics Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the research and development of data products, drive better and faster decision making across logistics operations and the creation of a global data science competency
- Contribute to the development of databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Identify, analyze, and interpret data and trends or patterns in complex data sets and analyze results using statistical techniques. Turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions
- Lead and guide the Systems, Process and Integration Managers and Business Analysts in charge of requests for system maintenance requests and incident resolution with conduct full life-cycle analysis to include requirements, activities, and design
- Investigate technologies/partners and drive solutions to achieve predicitive analytics/visibility of our supply chains
- Analyze and improve upon the logistics carrier space forecasting programs that identify capacity demands by lane
- Research cutting-edge machine learning and statistical models, identify opportunities to implement into daily logistics operations and locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Monitor trends in data science and alternative sources to ensure that Logistics is in tune with best in class tools and techniques
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Deep expertise in complex modeling and analytical methodology including, but not exclusively, longitudinal analyses, multi-level modeling and multivariate analyses of variance
- Strong knowledge of databases, database architecture, data warehouses, and ETL processes
- Experience using analysis tools such as SQL, SAS, Tableau, and R-Modelling
- Ability to influence and work through others to effectively navigate matrixed organization while ensuring that necessary stakeholders are informed
- Ability to simplify highly complex analyses and output into terms that are easily accessible and impactful in both written and verbal formats
- Familiarity and experience with data visualization and executive communication
- Future-oriented thinker with expertise in external practices and trends
- High level of analytical and negotiating skills as evidenced by high intelligence, strong financial and analytical capabilities and the proven ability to develop, sell and drive suitable partnerships, alliances, or other transactions to closure
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership and pride in delivering quality results, and understanding the business impacts
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of logistics transportation management systems and operations (ORACLE OTM preferred)
- Five plus years of logistics specific experience in systems, analytics, insights, competitive intelligence, or other similar function with demonstrated ability to manage in a complex environment with multiple constituencies
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.