Senior Manager, Brand Merchandising (Senior Merchant) – Soft LinesApply NowApply Later Job ID 953564BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 07, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Responsibilities:Soft Lines Merchandising
- Create and implement the daily process of the Mickey and Classic Characters global product strategy for Soft Lines
- Consumerist: Consumer obsessed, always balancing the art and the science of merchandising to find opportunities, enhance brand and delight our consumer
- Monitor the global competitive landscape and consumer zeitgeist to capture opportunity
- Champion products developed in collaboration with the design teams to maximize trends, anticipate consumer demand and promote product innovation in category
- Manage consolidation of product needs from all regions and channels to develop one product brief to design ensuring needs of all businesses are met
- Find commonality in consumer, customer and market trends to minimize duplication / cannibalization; identify areas to reduce complexity and increase productivity globally
- Partner with Studio, Global Creative, and Marketing teams to bring our content and IP to life properly and with a consistent brand point of view across the globe
- Partner with Product Design and Sourcing to achieve seasonal product lines for vertical and wholesale business models that meet business objectives including sustainability goals
- Partner with Customer Insights Team to direct application of consumer insights to product strategies
- Partner with Owned and Operated Merchandising and 3rd Party Commercial teams around the world to develop and drive execution against franchise and product strategies
- Proactively manage worldwide segmentation at right price/value from value to premium
- Identify opportunities to leverage products, co-brands and collaborations globally
- Develop metrics and lead team to deliver development counts, adoption KPIs and COGs targets
- Brand ambassador to cross-functional teams showing up as a compelling, dynamic, knowledgeable manager in all stages of go to market process and partner interactions where product is discussed
- Build compelling stories to sell in and create solutions to drive brand vision and grow sales
- Manage conversation and activities with sourcing to cost the line, run financial scenarios
- Manage conversation with design to create a product line in all activities, key milestone meetings
- Communicate to influence cross-functional partners to drive execution and remove road blocks
- Strong Point of View on consumer, customer and business effectively communicated across stakeholders and management
- Lead through ambiguity
- Manage direct reports with immediate feedback on performance and weekly touch bases to review deliverables, regular development and coaching
- Builds, develops and retains best in class Merchant talent
- Champion our diversity and inclusion goals through right product and team growth
- 8+ years of progressive experience in Product Merchandising in an omni-channel company,
- Experience in building a global product line for a category/categories of business that is both globally leveraged and locally relevant
- Capitalize on market trends and consumer zeitgeist to maximize value creation throughout the trend cycle
- Create, leverage and scale innovation
- Manage revenue creation while maintaining brand integrity
- Strong working knowledge of the omni-channel marketplace globally
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive execution against a financial plan
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence a diverse audience including experience working with external partners and business owners to bring product and assortments to the market
- Experience working, and thriving, in a highly matrixed company structure
- Leadership and talent development abilities and a collaborative and effective management style
- Exceptional Team Player – The ability to build & foster collaborative partnerships across functions & departments
- Well-developed Communication Skills
- Think creatively and disruptively to bring and infuse new ideas into product development
- Manage the organizational and cultural change efforts needed to ensure new, innovative concepts, business practices, and technologies are fully adopted and integrated into the business
- Domestically and internationally traveling
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
This role is located in Orlando, Fl.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.