Senior Manager, Business Planning (Strategy)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 871377BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 30, 2021
You will report to the Director, Business Product and Planning.
- Evaluate potential new business opportunities, as they relate to digital platforms, including through the development of financial and quantitative analyses, in partnership with CPGP executive team and other leaders across teams and regions (e.g., APAC)
- Prioritize and manage multiple Games and Publishing-related projects, including essential growth areas such as Interactive Experiences
- Identify and analyze consumer and market trends across major markets
- Research new markets for Games and Publishing, using analytics
- Construct models to support new business opportunities
- Create compelling presentation materials to communicate insights and recommendations to senior level executives globally
- Lead Digital Greenlight process across global partners (e.g., Finance, Business Development, Product Development, Creative, Marketing, Franchise)
- Create market insights (e.g., comps analysis, genre and partner identification) and strategic recommendations to drive essential growth areas
- Lead important elements of annual strategic planning process for an assigned Line of Business
- Develop relationships with global executive partners / partners across the Company
- Manage relationships with research and data providers
- Manage and help develop junior team members
- 8+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate development, retail/product strategy, or private equity
- Analytical and financial modeling skills
- Prioritization, critical thinking, and hypothesis development
- Ability to think pragmatically, not just theoretically, and implement ideas
- Teamwork capabilities
- Ability to develop cogent arguments and present them to a range of team members, including executives
- Experience in and passion for Publishing, Games or Interactive Experiences industries
- MBA from a business school with ~5 years of post-MBA experience
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.