Senior Manager, Data & Insights - Disney Publishing WorldwideApply NowApply Later Job ID 964555BR Location Kissimmee, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 03, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
You will drive forward the DPW data strategy, partner with all teams to secure relevant insights, and use that information to provide analysis and recommendations to DPW business and creative leaders. You will serve as a necessary liaison for internal shared data teams (e.g., Consumer Insights & Marketing Analytics, Business Analytics & Insights, Corporate Brand Management, etc.) to streamline workflow across CPGP and DPW.
You will report directly to the VP, Associate Group Publisher of Disney Publishing Worldwide and be based in Orlando, FL
Responsibilities:In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Build process to package and deliver analytics, strategic insights, and market and consumer trends that promote decision-making across business categories – print (vertical and licensed), learning, and digital
- Use data to recommend revenue and OI opportunities across all franchises and categories
- Partner with our teams to enhance capabilities, refine reporting, and validate data integrity
- Provide recommendations on new sources and metrics for future analysis
- Influence teams across DPW to use business insight solutions and reporting in their workflows
- Lead a team of direct reports supporting the Data & Insights team
Internal Content Development Analytics
- Partner with Global Operations and Creative teams to analyze content pick up across territories and usage by other lines of business
- Work with finance and category leads to evaluate return on investment of content development costs based on earned revenue and consumer sales
- Support Content Strategy and Editorial in identifying top and bottom performing content types, IP, themes, and formats, and provide recommendations on where to best allocate resources
Market & Consumer Insights
- Be the main point of contact for internal DPEP Consumer Insights & Marketing Analytics team
- Share industry and consumer trends, and genre and format performance, to inform creative and product development
- Partner with our teams to implement search data mining across platforms (Amazon, Google, Goodreads) to identify popular topics and themes most likely to perform
- Be the main point of contact for DPEP Business Insights & Analytics team
- Partner with global finance and regional colleagues to consolidate franchise and category performance by region
- Collaborate with internal teams to provide publishing groups with demand projections, pre-order velocity trends, first-week sales targets and comps, and expected decay curves
- Track title and franchise performance at retail, including product sell-through and comparison to plan
- Identify audio sales and consumption insights to inform future content and product strategy
- 7+ years in the data, insights, and analytics field, ideally with experience in consumer products, point-of-sale, and consumer insights
- Data evangelist with experience providing data-driven business and creative recommendations
- Working knowledge of data platform management
Additional Information:This role is located in Orlando, FL.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.